Author Topic: I had a good run  (Read 6799 times)

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

Re: I had a good run
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2014, 05:28:38 pm »
Good work!
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2014, 05:31:57 pm »
What can you say about man can drive like that AND spot an suitable Osage tree at 200 yards!

...And at 75 mph!

I think the difference between first and second came down to style points.  If you had kept the full-on hipster beard you may have scored enough intimidation points to nail own first!  Good work, trucker!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2014, 06:59:31 pm »
Awesome!  8)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline mwosborn

• Mitch Osborn
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2014, 09:37:53 pm »
Very nice - congrats.
Enjoy the hunt!  Mitch

Offline Josh B

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2014, 12:36:57 am »
Thank you very much fellas!  You're encouragement and kind words mean more to me than you know.  I apologize for taking so long to reply.  I been running hard since Sunday AM and couldn't get back on.  There were no cameras, phones or any other electronic devices allowed for the duration of the contest.  So no pics or vids from me.  If I find some from the organizers, I will post a link.  A little about the competition.  First you have to qualify to compete.  Immaculate driving record being the biggest standard to meet.  Once you get there the actual competition is 3 fold.  A written exam about everything pertaining to the transportation industry since its beginning.  This includes legislative measures, first aid, hazardous material handling, state, national and international law and regulations and a whole host of other pertinent subjects.  One question asked how many G's are generated by a truck entering a curve to fast at such and such speed, weight and center of gravity.  The test is worth 80 points.  Next is pretrip inspection.  They sabotage a truck with a known quantity of defects and you have to find and identify them.  That is worth 120 pnts.  Last is the driving course.  You have to negotiate a course in a truck you've never driven through 6 problems (obstacles).  Everything has a point value.  A clean pass on each problem is 50 points.  Everything you do that is less than perfect costs you a deduction of points.  For instance extra stops cost you five points, pulling up to readjust when backing costs ten points, touching a cone or obstacle costs 5 points.  Moving them is ten points. And so on and so forth.  The course is a possible 300 points.  Ties are decided by time to complete the course.  I crudely sketched out the course with some annotations.  Unfortunately, I doubt that they are legible.  The course looks easy on paper.  Trust me, it wasn't.  Thank you everyone!  Oh, and Badger no doubles for my division thankfully!  Clint, no points will be made from these trophies.  They're some kind of acrylic or plastic, not glass. Josh

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2014, 09:57:39 pm »
Atta boy super trucker ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline chamookman

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2014, 04:41:45 am »
Way to go Josh ! I still get "flashback" dreams of doing inspections. Was a Switcher for many Years + a few local deliveries with a Day Cab - no OTR. Be safe Driver ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2014, 03:30:28 pm »
Thanks Soy!  Thanks Bob!  I found out that as 2nd place winner, if something happens to disqualify the first place winner I am the alternate for nationals.  I sincerely hope nothing like that happens, but it is a bit nerve wracking to know that I could possibly find myself going to compete with the best of the best with little to no notice.  I won't be on much for the next month as I will continue to prepare as though I will be going.  Just in case...  Thanks again folks!  Josh

Don Case

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2014, 09:08:21 pm »
Just hope he isn't found with an arrow in him >:D >:D

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2014, 10:27:32 pm »
Congrats Josh.