Author Topic: "Palo Feo" sinew backed Osage  (Read 15857 times)

Offline Josh B

Re: "Palo Feo" sinew backed Osage
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2014, 12:07:29 am »
Thanks Chad!  Definitely more elbow room in Pappy's bow shed at 3 AM!  Lol!  Have you posted those bows you made?  I gotta finish mine and post it yet.

Thanks One Bow!  I appreciate the kind words.  There were some beautiful bows hanging there wasn't there?  That's the first place I check out when I show up at the classic!   Josh

Offline DuBois

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2014, 09:29:05 pm »
I think I missed this one. Josh, that is one unique and fine creation.
Doob

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2014, 01:35:48 am »
Well Josh, I can't be the only guy on PA to not say how impressed I am with this little bender!  Nothing ugly about it!  Put me on you list buddy.  After this thread I'll be lucky to get one before we're using walkers and canes and pushing arrows into targets. ;)
Excellence is a state of mind.  Whether you think you can or can't...you're right!

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2014, 01:31:21 pm »
Yes Sir!

The Photos while nice, don't do this Bow justice.
Got a chance to see the Bow and meet meet Mr. Josh over the weekend.
And now having held "Palo Feo" in my own hands, and hearing the Bow's history from her maker, I like her even Better...

Gun Doc, it was a pleasure to meet you, and break bread with you.
You are welcome any time.
Hopefully next time we can actually make some Wood Shavings...
As it was, I had a Great Time Tipping The Mason Jar and Tilting at Windmills...    ;D

Best Regards,
-gus

"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2014, 01:36:06 pm »
Oh and...

Thank You for the Bow I Love It!!!!!

>:D

-gus

PS: Just Kidding, I'll make sure she gets to her new home Safely.   :)
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Josh B

« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2014, 04:21:14 pm »
Thanks Doobs!  Thanks Dan!

Gus....truly...the pleasure was all mine!  A fine repast and fine spirits with a fine family.  It just doesn't get any better.  I highly enjoyed your hospitality and your cooking!  Those boys of yours are a hoot as well.  Their polite and well mannered demeanor did little to conceal the mile wide ornery streak both of them surely share.  Yes Sir,  those boys are most definitely  deserving of there Daddy's obvious pride.  Last but not least, many thanks to Miss Tania for tolerating a wayward trucker at her table and in her home.   As gracious a hostess as a man could ever ask.  Thank you very much!    Josh

BTW...I warned Cippy that there might be a ransom owed!  Lol!