Author Topic: HHB (Medley of failures)  (Read 1842 times)

Offline DuBois

HHB (Medley of failures)
« on: March 31, 2014, 09:39:11 pm »
Well here it is. It has been snapped in 2. Tips (from another failure) frankensteined on after I snapped off the while irritated cause I had removed too much and had a hinge in outer limb (that's when it kicked my butt by tattooing my stomach with a tip and string). Wish I had thought to rub some charcoal into the wound and had a real tat  >:D >:D

Funky tiller and re tillered.

It lives though.. 3 courses sinew with knox, ruined rat snake skins from using amber shellac over skins and then trying to fix the cracks in it across the back. I kinda like the puke green brown thing though. I gotta keep it (sure wouldn't give it to anybody else)
47" t-t  60# at 26
A little set right after unstrung.

Thanks for lookin and hope you like.
Doobs
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 12:27:26 am by DuBois »

Offline DuBois

Re: HHB (Medley of failures)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 09:41:48 pm »
A few more.
I got some black paint on edges so I rubbed it into belly and it got a lttle darkness to it.

dyed the sinew/rawide wraps in hibiscus and coffee

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 10:05:19 pm »
I've got a pair of socks  just like that! Only bigger, probably.  :)

Jim Davis

BTW, pretty neat bow.
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Offline Josh B

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 11:45:35 pm »
It just occurred to me that you have one heckuva stubborn streak Doobs!  Way to stick with it!  Josh

Offline DuBois

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 12:22:29 am »
I've got a pair of socks  just like that! Only bigger, probably.  :)

Jim Davis

BTW, pretty neat bow.

Do yours have the little splinters in em too? I seem to be picking them out of all my clothes all the time since I got hooked on this bow making thing  ;)

Thanks Josh, I am a little stubborn, kinda like a mule... but with smaller socks.

blackhawk

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 07:27:51 am »
Keep slogging thru that viscous learning curve doob,and eventually things will get better....but things still break every once and awhile yet even after...every guy on here who has made a lot of bows has gone thru it,and it has stopped lots of people in there tracks...the ones that make it thru are the guys you see here that have been doing this a long time....and it seems like it comes in streaks....I just had two let loose on me in a row a few weeks ago...

Good job!!! :)

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 08:21:29 am »
Nice save Marco.  Thats some serious draw length and weight from such a short bow and it sounds like that bow really made you work for your reward. Ended up as a pretty nice one though, way to stick it to the stick.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline half eye

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 12:05:30 pm »
Well damned now!!! for a supposed medley of failures thats a sweet bow. Got deer killer wrote all over it. That sir is a damned fine bow no matter how many parts it got.
rich

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 01:30:25 pm »
That one is small enough to fit in your 'carry-on' baggage if you happen to be flying somewhere you'd want to have a bow with you...   :o :o 8)

OneBow

Offline DuBois

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 08:11:34 pm »
Thanks BH, this is the stave I thought was gong to look like "Fugly". It decided it was gonna be something else.

Thanks Rich. I am glad I tillered it some more after you mentioned it a few days ago.

Thanks BB. Glad I stuck with it.

Hey OneBow, good idea! Wonder if a bow with arrows would draw red flags??