Author Topic: How do ya aim the bloody things!  (Read 4342 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
How do ya aim the bloody things!
« on: June 26, 2008, 01:19:05 am »
Well, I have made a few of these bows now with 30 and 31" draws but dang if I can hit the broad side of a barn with them. How do ya aim them? Could use a lot of pointers here. With a 27" draw I have some accuracy but I'm lucky to hit the bail of straw from 25 yards when using a long draw.

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

radius

Re: How do ya aim the bloody things!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 01:51:49 am »
think you could hit Vancouver Island from there?

Man, i was in Washington this last weekend, visiting a chick from Puyallup.  She has been to Whideby Island.  She mentioned it for some reason, and i was like, Yeah, I know a guy from there.  Makes soap.  We discussed how a guy could make a living doing that, and I decided you must be independently wealthy.  You'd have to be, to afford yew staves on a soapmaker's salary!

I'll probably be going back in the near future.  You up for a visit, if we wanna head to Whideby?

Scott

Offline P.W. Smith

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 01:22:29 pm »
pm sent, and the old English archers didn't actually "aim" the arrows, as that'll just throw you off...the closest thing I can liken it to is a mix between "throwing" and "shooting" (in other words more like instinctive shooting than anything else...) (at least thats what works for me...) try it (if you want to) and let me know how it works...
Derek

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 04:45:52 pm »
Nah! Not wealthy but I find staves where I can and work from there. My buddies know how hard up I am for staves and take sympathy. (Hint! Hint!!!)  ;D

Sure we can get together sometime. I'm usually off either on Saturday or Sunday. Being self employed I only get one day off a week. Bummer!

David
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill