Author Topic: Shadow Box  (Read 2870 times)

Offline RBLusthaus

Shadow Box
« on: March 08, 2014, 01:38:59 pm »
So, in upholding my end of a trade with seminolewind, I made this walnut box for the display of his super special knapped pieces.  I cant wait to see what he fills it with.  Walnut with maple accent, glass top, leather gasket and hinge, finished in tru oil.  Hope he likes it. 

Russ

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Shadow Box
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 01:41:58 pm »
Thats purty sweet!.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Stoker

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 01:49:43 pm »
Very nice..
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline 4est Trekker

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 02:21:36 pm »
Nice attention to detail! :)  I particularly like how all the screw slots are aligned  ;)
"Walk softly, and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 03:35:20 pm »
Beautiful display box Russ, gonna look even sweeter when filled with some knapped points. Nice work. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 03:36:09 pm »
Hey, if Elijah doesn't like it I'll take it off your hands.  Very nice work!   8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 03:17:07 am »
Wow..Sign me up for one..Really nice work, and as noted..attention to detail..
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 07:10:49 am »
Man that thing is sure beautiful ! You really went above and beyond with the detail and accents! I especially love the corner joints and the hinges ! I will be posting a matched set of Gunther Barbed points (retracting barb variation) today. These points are going to go with the other set of Gunther Barbed points I made a while back. I cant wait to see how these will look in this case. Guess I gotta wait till I get home...the anticipation is killing me !

Much appreciated !!!
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 07:12:57 am »
Hey, if Elijah doesn't like it I'll take it off your hands.  Very nice work!   8)

He Likes it Pat !!!
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 12:12:53 pm »
 8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 01:26:33 pm »
Hey Russ I just noticed this but are those magnets holding the lid on? If so that's cool !

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 12:39:57 pm »
Thanks for the kind words guys.   

Elijah - - yes, the box top is held in place by some magnets and the leather hinges ensure proper alignment.  Saw your new points - - man you  can sure knapp that rock.  Very impressive. 

Mohawk - - I did this one for a trade - - so if you want to talk about another, . . . . .

4est -  As for the screw alignment  - -  I am anal when it comes to stuff like that.  Have broken off countless screws over the years and created more work in fixing screw stubs trying to keep them aligned like that - - but hey - - we all have our own cross to bear. 

Russ   

Offline adb

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 01:51:14 pm »
Phew... some serious craftsmanship there for sure! Nice!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 01:59:55 pm »
No doubt Adam, great work Russ!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.