Author Topic: How many trappers on here?  (Read 2301 times)

Offline bushboy

Re: How many trappers on here?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 01:14:46 pm »
use to trap years ago.hard to beat connibear traps on land and foot traps set up as drown sets on water(baited with carrots).
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 02:06:23 pm »
Thanks guys.  A wiley red fox keeps digging up my traps at this one particular dirt hole set.  I tried a double set last night, and this morning the trap in the back was thrown.  He got me again.  Any suggestions? ???
You need to bed your trap more solidly. If it rocks they will notice. You actually need to pack dirt inside the jaws of the trap. The only thing that should move is the pan. I put a piece of wax paper about the size of the open jaws over the trap and then make a circle with your hands by putting your index fingers together and your thumbs together and then pack the dirt on top of the wax paper inside the trap jaws. It takes a little practice. You may catch your thumb if it closes on you but it really doesn't hurt. I hope this helps.
I think you nailed it. I was using peat moss and wasn't getting a good tight bed, I guess. Thanks for the replies guys. The rain uncovered everything this morning, so time to reset!!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 05:50:05 pm »
I trap yotes quite a bit in the fall but this time of year I pull most of my traps and spend a lot of time calling
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 06:10:01 pm »
Here is some my early fall catch, We had a real early winter here in nw pa. My catch is way down from previous yrs, I caught 8 beaver since Christmas but it,s been really froze up. Good Luck an watch your top knot.  Bob   Heres a few Beaver from 2 yrs ago.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:45:11 pm by Outbackbob48 »

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2014, 09:56:19 pm »
I want to catch a yote bad, and also a bobcat. If the weather will just cooperate   >:(
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN