Author Topic: some warm water fish to warm you northern folks up  (Read 1491 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

some warm water fish to warm you northern folks up
« on: December 07, 2013, 07:18:49 pm »
I'm sure there are a lot of freshwater fisherman here so here's a fish's eye view for ya.  Was able to get in the water with some nice bass too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqvzUrpor_E&list=TLAXKkIm_s4OYII-iq80VsBdNtD7EIMtH4
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Lemos

Re: some warm water fish to warm you northern folks up
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 07:52:27 pm »
Nice! I used to keep bluegill in a tank, I think the pan fish are some of the prettiest fish out there.  I snorkel our rivers to watch the trout, steelhead and salmon. Kinda gives you a good idea where to cast a line for them.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 08:18:19 pm »
Are you in brackish water, Tim? I see mullet among the freshwater fish.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 09:03:55 pm »
That is truly awesome video
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 10:50:57 pm »
Lemos, They are pretty!  We have a few different varieties down here.  They're real feisty in a tank too.  Used to feed 'em grasshoppers!

Pat, mullet are a funny fish.  They live in saltwater, brackish, and freshwater.  They'll swim miles up rivers.  The ones you saw were at blue springs which is at least a 100 mile swim from the ocean.  They get huge in the springs too.  I've seen 20" mullet in spring runs.

Koan, Thanks!  The support among you guys really means a lot!
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline StickMan47

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 12:59:33 am »
Thanks Tim, that was awesome. wish I had some clear water around here like that. Our stuff is usually pretty cloudy.
Makin fine firewood, one bow at a time!

Offline autologus

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 12:23:35 pm »
Now it is time to make yourself a primitive speargun and video yourself shooting some fish.  The video was awesome by the way.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 04:45:46 pm »
Now it is time to make yourself a primitive speargun and video yourself shooting some fish.  The video was awesome by the way.

Grady

hmmm would it be possible to waterproof a bow.  I guess the water would slow the limbs down a lot.  There aren't a lot of elastic materials in nature.  Those limbs would have to be really thin.  Got any ideas?