Author Topic: Shipping  (Read 1833 times)

Don Case

Shipping
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:56:36 pm »
Just out of curiosity, how much does it cost to ship a stave/bow around the continental U.S.

Offline Wylden Freeborne

• This Is Primal War
Re: Shipping
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 12:03:42 am »
I was curious too...not that I am sending out a bow for the Christmas trade or anything like that.... >:D >:D >:D
"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization." Emerson

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 12:06:57 am »
The Post Office will typically be about half of what UPS or FedEx will ship for, and the shipping times are not too bad.  I often find it takes about 4-5 days on slow-boat shipping for around $20
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 12:28:05 am »
A typical stave in the lower 48 will be anywhere from $15 - $30 depending on size, weight, and destination.  There is an extra charge if the length and circumference measurements are over a certain amount.  I try to keep the length to 70" or less and I've never had to pay the extra charge.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Don Case

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 01:05:28 am »
Shipping goes through the roof coming to Canada. I'm just thinking. My brother-in-law is a snow bird so I could get staves shipped to Arizona and then he could bring them home in the spring. To late now, maybe next time.
Thanks

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 08:30:33 am »
I just shipped a stave to Canada for $100 +/-. Most anything under 72" and 10# will ship in the C.US for $20 +/-.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 08:37:14 am »
How do you normally pack it?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 08:48:24 am »
I wrap staves in heavy black plastic.  For bows I use PVC pipe with the ends capped.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 09:41:56 am »
I wrap staves in heavy black plastic.  For bows I use PVC pipe with the ends capped.

Same here.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 10:11:41 am »
I ship priority mail in the states, if you keep the length and circumference, added together, to be under 84", shipping is always less than $20, usually around $15. Go over 84" and the balloon charge may double your shipping cost.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 10:43:23 am »
Shipping goes through the roof coming to Canada. I'm just thinking. My brother-in-law is a snow bird so I could get staves shipped to Arizona and then he could bring them home in the spring. To late now, maybe next time.
Thanks

Shipping staves to arizona is what I do... Save a ton of cash... I've got a few from Mike yancey at pinehollow.. He is very good to deal with... Only thing when you order staves is you have to have the bark and sapwood removed to bring across the border... Other than that everything is good
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano