Author Topic: New Recurve  (Read 3510 times)

Offline huntertrapper

New Recurve
« on: November 30, 2007, 11:52:44 pm »
I am gonna buy a new bow. I am gonna get it from a bass pro shop in harrisburg, here in PA. What good brands are good to buy? Has anyone has bought or seen bows from hunting stores like these, cabelas, bass pro or gander mtn?
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

Re: New Recurve
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 12:24:34 am »
     Didnt know any of em sold wood bows. ;)......bob

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 01:30:04 am »
HT, Here on PA, we deal with only wood bows. The few trad bows that Cabelas, et al, sell are FG bows. Even though most of us own FG bows, this site is for primitive archery. If you want assistance building a wood recurve or would like to buy a bow from one of the spongers this is the place. For info about other trad stuff, check out TradGang. ;)      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Beleg813

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 10:17:16 am »
HT, I've seen the bows at the Bass Pro here in Maryland. While the fiberglass bows are pretty (all bows attract my eyes no matter what type), I've looked at the wood bows being built on this site, and I've also looked a lot, if not all, of the bows that are advertised on this site through sellers. I'd say there's not the slightest chance I'd buy a fiberglass bow from Bass Pro just because well they are fiberglass, and two I'd rather see a more traditional bowmaker (that supports Primitive Archer) get business than a huge, already way successful business, get just another bow sell.

I actually plan to buy a set (dozen or two) arrows once I get a quiver from one of the advertised sellers.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 10:39:22 pm »
oh i dont want a fiberglass bow i didnt say that. I just asked about the bows. I dont have the tools to make a bow or i would. I am primitive. I dont shoot comound or wear camo but my only choice right now is to buy a bow.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 10:40:20 pm »
ill check with you guys than for a bow thanks
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Gordon

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 11:03:13 pm »
You might check with Ryan O'Sullivan. He makes a one of the nicest recurve bows that I've ever seen and I believe he sells them occasionally.
Gordon