Author Topic: Deer carts, which one?  (Read 7020 times)

Offline RyanR

Re: Deer carts, which one?
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2013, 05:39:36 pm »
Congrats on the deer.  Sounds like you picked the right weapon for the job.  I still take my wheel bow out if I think my shots are gonna be over 15 yards.  I don't have the confidence to shoot farther than that with my self bow. 

Offline chamookman

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2013, 03:51:17 am »
Congrats on the Deer Chris !
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2013, 01:26:38 pm »
Congratulations pearlie!  Meat in the freezer is always a good thing. Josh

Oh yeah....my deer cart is a f-150

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2013, 04:17:09 pm »
   Me and a friend got one and used it for a good ten years back all through the 90's. I can't remember the name but it was one of those 0 poundage as long as he was over the wheels.

This says it all I shot a 5 1/2 ,208 pound 9 point. There was a couple old farms (4) behind where I lived at the time a good couple 1000 acers I hunted. It was a couple inchs of snow. He was a good mile ,4 fences was the only reason I stoped.

EVEN IN THE ROCKS OF SOME OF THE MOUNTAINS I HUNTED IT COULD BE USED. COUPLE TIMES WE'D HAD TO HAVE HIM QUARTERED UP TO GET HIM OUT.

BUY ONE
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Marks

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2013, 10:26:44 am »
Just make sure it has good tires. Solid rim would be best. Ours had skinny hard rubber tires and plastic spokes. We have broken several wheels on limbs sticking out and big rocks or just large animals on uneven ground. Also here in Alabama some of the roads we hunt down are red clay. After a rain the red clay is a nightmare on the wheels but I don't know how you could fix that.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2013, 10:52:38 am »
I ended up spending $100 on a Cabela's cart. 15" solid tires, plastic mag wheels, 300# capacity and a pile of very solid reviews mixed with a few brain dead reviews, those make me chuckle! "Cart came and two bolts were loose, last time I buy from here!". Grab a wrench fella'! The cart I bought has some type of quick clips that suck, but all the guys said just replace them with bolts/lock washers and its solid gold. So I will do that before the tires touch mud. Im excited about this cart. Ive dragged way too many deer way too far over the years.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline J. DEMPLER

• It ain't knappin' if you ain't bleedin'
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2013, 06:49:01 pm »
I hope you have better luck with yours than I did with mine! Sounds like you got the very same cart I got. The first time I used it was in the refuge dragging an 11 pointer out and made it about 20 feet before the plastic mag broke!!!!
I think I am going to swipe the tires and rims off of one of my kids bikes and see how it does!  :D
There is a place for all of Gods creatures, right next to the potatoes and gravy.

Madison, Indiana

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2013, 08:23:52 pm »
Shoot buddy, deez tiny nordern bucks dont weigh up like dem suddern tirdy pointers do!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.