Author Topic: Movies  (Read 1439 times)

Offline bow101

Movies
« on: October 28, 2013, 08:51:09 pm »
If you can watch The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’   Nice to see this stuff, the gal is using a bow, at least its not a Wheelie bow...!   They say that these movies increase the popularity of Archery.  Must have some truth to it, I would think, and the Olympics has introduced it also.    8)
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Movies
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 09:32:11 pm »
One of the guys at PaleoPlanet or Leatherwall did the wood bows she uses.  He posted briefly on here when the last film came out...long after the gag-order part of his contract had expired. 

He posted pics before they removed the horsehair flourishes and other fancy-pants stuff, was a pretty cool looking bow.  Anyone remember who he is?  I remember he seemed to be pretty nonchalant about it, like it was just another bow job.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 12:56:01 pm »
John Scrifes(i believe correctly spelled).. he posts quite a bit on Tradgang.. he even made another bow for his daughters friend just like the on he made for the movie
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 01:02:06 pm »
I liked the first film.
Is the second one out yet?

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX