Author Topic: Tunes  (Read 7215 times)

Offline IdahoMatt

Re: Tunes
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 07:36:58 pm »
Pearl if you don't like new stuff you should just check out one.  The Black Keys I don't think that you will be disappointed.  Something very classic about them along with a good bluesy sound :)

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 08:22:03 pm »
Johnny Cash,Hank jr,Ted Nugent. thats all there is   8)
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline KrisDelger

• Just another guy breaking sticks
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2013, 02:48:54 am »
@Buckeye Sometimes I like my peace and quiet but not often. I just like having background noise of some kind to keep the buzzing in my head to a minimum, having music gives me something to pace myself to, something to pull apart and dissect in my mind to keep my thoughts somewhat in order. If I don't have something to listen to I seem to lose my focus when I'm working and make silly often times terrible mistakes on projects.
But as I've always said and will always say we're all different and we all like different things! Enjoy your peace, enjoy your quiet, enjoy the scrap of tools, I'll continue to enjoy my often deafening music. :D
Just a young guy with a filing cabinet for a memory and a whole lot of useless information.

Offline Denham Archer

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2013, 03:12:18 pm »
Creedence/John Fogerty and Johnny Cash.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2013, 05:14:42 pm »
Johnny Cash,Hank jr,Ted Nugent. thats all there is   8)

Yep, like them , too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JonW

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2013, 12:44:03 am »
Bluegrass especially Trampled By Turtles.

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2013, 01:10:07 am »
AHHHHH
The sound of quite !!
I like to listen to the sound of the tools doing what they were made to do !
Some times distracted by a song bird that stopped by to see what I am up to !
You folks can have all the noise you want just give me some peace and quite !

Well for me music makes working on bows easier and pumps me up
I like osage

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2013, 08:45:40 am »
Waylon, Willie, George, Merle.  Vern Gosdin, Ray Price, Buck Owens.  Hank Williams.  To me, there hasn't been a hell of a lot of real country music made since 1978.   New country?  Jamie Johnson, some Zac Brown (the boy can pic!)  There have been a few who showed promise, and then they sold out, popped up and popped out of the picture.  Alan Jackson will be a name they keep talking about.  Don't know why I am rambling on this subject.  These are the artists that I admire - I don't listen to music when I am building a bow....   :)

Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2013, 10:40:32 am »
Honky tonk country, outlaw country, cajun, blues, bluegrass, rockabilly, lots a different roots style music. Ray Price to Al Green and Ray Charles, BR-549  and Wayne Hancock to Junior Wells.  Billy Joe Shaver and Dale Watson to Delbert Mc Clinton. Lost Bayou Ramblers and Bill Kirchen to Eleven Hundred Springs. Could bore you all with three pages of my music likes. ::) When working on a jobsite  I have my XM radio to keep me from getting bored but at my shop where I do my bow building I can't get decent reception on the radio there so I just listen to AM talk radio. Gotta quit doing that though because its mostly political talk that just gets me depressed. ;D
Howard you should try XM Outlaw Country channel 60 for some good new country, its not that nash-vegas type of country, bet you'd like it from looking at your list of artist.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2013, 10:48:00 am »
Is Mojo Nixon still DJing? On Outlaw country.  He always made me laugh.  Great station though.  I used to listen too it a lot more when I lived in Boise.  I worked at a guitar shop called Bolin Guitars for about six years and we listened to it quite a bit there.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 05:28:30 pm by IdahoMatt »

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2013, 04:26:35 pm »
Yeah Matt he' still on weekday afternoons. Some funny stuff comes out of his mouth but he gets a little too profane and vulgar with the language at times and I can't keep it on when I have customers within earshot at work so I'll sometimes have to change the station.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2013, 05:24:41 pm »
When I worked at the guitar shop we didn't have many clients come back into production so it was okay.  I agree with you about the vulgarities though.  He does know how to pick some good tunes.  I miss working with wood for a lIving at times.  Got to meet a lot of famous musicians.  Those time were some of the most strange and enjoyable memories of my life. 

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2013, 02:08:32 am »
Great thread. I grew up listening to Mexican umpa German inspired bands, mariachi music and old classic Mexican nortena music.. As my uncles and dad will refer to as "good getting drunk music."

Cornelio Reyna
Ramon Ayala
Pedro infanta
Los relampagos del Norte

And a few singers from Spain

Then I came to Texas illegally as a four year old and in middle school began to listen to "English" music..

I'm Mexican born, but washed in the blood Texan.  I remember doing my homework as a George Straights Blame it on Mexico song played in an old cassette player.

I love all country music. Classic and current. Don Williams is one of my favorites.

Love classic rock, 80's rock and 90's rock.. U2 is a must..
Sweet home Alabama is a sure hit in my classroom.

Buddy holly and Richie Valens is played everyday to my kindergarten students. In august they didn't know who buddy holly was or Richie Valens. Now they ask me to play their music and I think that's pretty cool.

In the early late 80's I listened to rap into 93. Still like it , but don't play it.

Love blues, bluegrass and jazz..

Classical music was played when my kiddos were babies. Mozart, Beethoven, Vivaldi, Chopin, Gluck..

Gluck's dance of the blessed spirits should be heard by all at least once
Vivaldi's four seasons is a masterpiece.
Copland the great American composer and his "Appalachian spring."

Beethoven's moonlight sonata..

Well honestly I like most music..  ;)

Cipriano 
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.