Author Topic: Simple Crepe Myrtle Bow  (Read 16005 times)

Offline Gsulfridge

Re: Simple Crepe Myrtle Bow
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2013, 07:34:32 am »
"Yuppers....this is the same one....now my secrets out that Im actually a slow bow maker ...lol  "

Everyone already knows that.  You didnt fool anyone. >:D

And this is coming from the second slowest bow maker I know who's been working on the same bow since the beginning of march...lol  :laugh:.... if you wanna know who's the slowest its bearg....lol
Patience is a virtue ;)
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

blackhawk

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2013, 07:58:51 am »
Thanks chuck n Brycey boy...

Bubbles the overlays where already on and finish sanded before the dye....I just try to be careful and brush the dye "on the line" (like when coloring..stay inside the line and right on it..lol)..and if I have an oops I can just take a round edged scraper and scrape away my mistake where I went over the line..at least that's how I do it....maybe someone has a better way? I've tried tape..but with dye it tends to still bleed over in a spot or two still needing cleanup....thanks man ;)

Greg thats just called being slow,not patience....if you and your family relied on you harvesting food with a bow you'd all be dead  :laugh:

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2013, 08:04:59 am »
Greg thats just called being slow,not patience....if you and your family relied on you harvesting food with a bow you'd all be dead  :laugh:
Ha! You are right!  Ive got tears running down my face this morning! :D  I have gotten a little quicker in the last few months.  I think Im on bow number six or seven now.  Just keep going back to the first one to "experiment."
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

blackhawk

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2013, 08:06:16 am »
 ;D  :laugh:

Offline rps3

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2013, 10:23:39 am »
I was staying at a beach house in New Jersey last week and just found out what crepe myrtle looked like. Seems like it would be hard to find a stave worthy of a bow. You certainly managed it with this bow.

Offline TimPotter

« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2013, 10:28:38 am »
Staves are grown when the tree is on a bowyer's property. I keep the sucker growth off up to 6 feet, then wait till the saplings turn into wrist sized trunks. I'm ready to harvest a nice crop soon, maybe today. :)
"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."  Ernest Hemingway

blackhawk

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2013, 01:58:26 pm »
Thanks Bob...:)

Good to know thimo....I think you should hold off on cutting yours,n let em get a lil bigger  ::) and what's your address  ::)  :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2013, 08:57:32 pm »
Yea, pretty boring Chris. I think you just needed to reafirm your selfbow identity after all the cookie cutters you've been cranking out! ;)
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2013, 09:33:25 pm »
I REALLY like the color on that bow.  Well done.  Looks Awesome!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2013, 10:43:24 pm »
Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.   :)