Author Topic: Govment Shutdown just cancelled my hunt  (Read 3904 times)

Offline Gsulfridge

Re: Govment Shutdown just cancelled my hunt
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 10:18:20 am »
TWRA just updated their website and stated that the lands were still open for hiking, hunting, and camping. Just the government ran welcome centers and campgrounds are closed. Whoopie!!! The hunt is back on now. May have to bathe in the lake instead of at a campground shower house, but hey, that's more primitive anyway!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Marks

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 10:42:24 am »
TWRA just updated their website and stated that the lands were still open for hiking, hunting, and camping. Just the government ran welcome centers and campgrounds are closed. Whoopie!!! The hunt is back on now. May have to bathe in the lake instead of at a campground shower house, but hey, that's more primitive anyway!

Could you post a link to that message?

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 10:50:37 am »
Not sure how to post the link, but go to state.tn.us/twra/ and click on the "newsroom" tab on the left side of the page.  The top headline mentions it. Click "more" for all the details.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 10:56:09 am »
Yesterday was the opening day for bull elk rifle hunting.  Where we live in Wyoming the main access road goes through the ranch to BLM and National Forest lands.  From all the traffic we have seen and the shots we have heard I know the hunt is still on.  The BLM office was closed and Yellowstone Park and all of Wyoming's state parks are closed.  Those parks are blood suckers for use of public lands.  The government personal will just not be there!  I say go for it!  I hope this message is not considered off limits here, but we will need to take a stand to assure our hunting rights.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 11:03:45 am »
Just to clarify, this was for the Land Between the Lakes area only.  It is ran by USDA, Division of Forestry.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 05:25:52 pm »
Well Fellers and Ladies -

As I am a Park Ranger, this shut sown has turned off my paycheck and since my wife is on Disability I imagine that we won't see her check or my sons dependent check either! Will be stretching dollars till this blows over. I was tempted to take a turkey in my neighbors yard this morning but they were too close to his house. Hopefully this BS will end soon.
Ben

Offline wildman

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 07:38:12 pm »
Only thing with LBL you have to have back country camping permit, of course if you have it no biggie, and like everyone mentioned who is gonna nab ya? >:D
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2013, 09:01:10 pm »
You can buy your permits for LBL at Walmart tho, right? I've been going out there for years (since the 90s) TWRA says it's open. That's all I need to know. Game on!

Offline 4dog

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 11:57:07 am »
Not trolling ,, but what does a former anarchist call oneself??   :laugh:
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline autologus

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 12:12:22 pm »

A parolee.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline wildman

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 07:40:39 pm »
Just saw on the news (WPSD out of Paducah) no Outhouses gates shut and they are kicking old folk out of LBL campgrounds. They did say if you wanted to rough it your on your own. GO FOR IT! May be alot more walking locking lots of gates.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline 4dog

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 08:32:55 pm »

A parolee.

Grady

damn funny stuff right there!!!!
"SET" is always there !!!