Author Topic: Capt's 2nd Bow, Osage recurved tips (now with money shot)  (Read 15485 times)

Offline Capt

Re: Capt's 2nd Bow, Osage recurved tips (now with money shot)
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2013, 02:11:49 pm »
Thanks again all for the inspiring comments... I't pains me to do it because i think the Osage has such natural beauty but i think i want to stain the tips and handle into the limbs a bit before i put on the snake skins... just so i blends into the bush better for hunting?

What kind of stain is best both for protection and durability? after its stained and skinned i was just going to seal / finish with hemp oil and bees wax... does that sound like a good plan?

Offline TimPotter

« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2013, 02:51:30 pm »
Sweet! I like your drawing plans you showed as well. I've kept a bowyering journal since 2004 and it has helped me think though a lot of bows in progress. Taking them from my mind then onto my hands.

I really enjoyed looking at your whole process here. Again sweet looking bow there.
"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."  Ernest Hemingway

Offline coaster500

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2013, 03:57:05 pm »
Well done!!
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline dbb

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2013, 04:07:13 pm »
Very well done!
It's better to ask and look like a fool than not to ask and remain one...