Author Topic: fish skins  (Read 2824 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: fish skins
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2013, 11:10:55 am »
OK fellas.I'm gonna look up one of those ams rigs for my self bows.Looks like a sweet set up and thanks for the info.When I was a kid I used to stick tons of carp.During the spawn in the spring.Being a farmer I just used a pitch fork and threw em on land.Push em to the bottom of river or pond and go all the way through with the tines.The definition of shooting fish in a barrel.Easy Peasy.Shorts & tennis shoes.Fun times.I've smoked a bunch too.They're good.They don't compare to my fried bluegills and crappies though.I don't think here in southern Iowa that we're infested wiith those jumping carp yet.Glad of it too.I've seen on TV the degree of take over they have done in the Illionis river.Sickening and a big problem.
No numbers killed goal here just some skins to put on my bows and a little fun doing it.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2013, 12:06:02 pm »
Honestly, Ed!  What CAN compare with a mess of fried bluegills or crappie???  They are kinda the gold standard of a fish fry.

Oh man, now you got me wanting them for breakfast.  :(

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2013, 05:31:38 pm »
Seems the bluegill feeds everybody over here.The predator bass and crappie,and the people too.The supposed wonderful fish frys at these resteraunts around the lake can't hold a candle to my bluegills.
BowEd
Ed

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2013, 07:46:58 pm »
Y'all makin me hungry ;)
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Poggins

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2013, 07:59:30 pm »
Don't forget about the flats , bluegills are one of my favorite baits , I've chased the carp and gar around with a stick and string , posted a pic earlier this year of two carp and a sack of mushrooms .

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2013, 08:10:28 pm »
Yea I've used em for flat head bait too.Hard to beat the  little utility bluegill....LOL.
BowEd
Ed

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2013, 09:15:35 pm »
Only thing more fun than catching a mess of bluegills and fryin' them up is taking some kids out so they can catch a mess of bluegills!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.