Author Topic: Human Hair Bowstring  (Read 6763 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

Human Hair Bowstring
« on: October 08, 2013, 02:43:35 pm »
I figured I'd post this in the How To section in case anyone else wants to go back and look for primitive bow string ideas in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNazMRnVF4Y&list=TLuC_kViN9BNYW4MzPuVlWIgQBa75XfzNx
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline toomanyknots

Re: Human Hair Bowstring
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 02:00:21 pm »
Thats insane. Awesome, :).
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 03:40:17 pm »
Thats insane. Awesome, :).
Haha, thanks!  It's still holding up pretty well and resists ware better than my plant fiber strings.  I have it on my favorite bow now!
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 07:24:28 pm »
Another reason to grow my hair out lol. If someone says go cut you hair I'll say no I'm makin a bow string lol
I like osage

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 08:28:06 pm »
Another reason to grow my hair out lol. If someone says go cut you hair I'll say no I'm makin a bow string lol
  Ya, my grandmother would give me a hard time so I would just keep telling her I had a haircut appointment... even it was 6 month away. lol

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 10:07:21 am »
I wish my beard was longer, then we would have to test different body hair against each other. Im rooting for beards and chest hair!
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!