Author Topic: Flowering Dogwood  (Read 4990 times)

Offline bow101

Re: Flowering Dogwood
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2013, 08:28:00 pm »
My wife was Googling Pacific Dogwood and found that the Act that protected it was repealed in 2002 ;D ;D ;D. Some municipalities still protect it but I'm not in a municipality. Cut, cut cut

Do you have the link for that, I would like to read it..

thanks
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Don Case

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 10:22:49 pm »
I thought you might ;)
http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/00_96100REP_01

You'll get more if you Google "Dogwood, Rhododendron and Trillium
Protection Act"

The only problem I see is that we will be the only two that know this and if we get caught cutting a dogwood we'll get beat all to hell by little old ladies wielding umbrellas

Don Case

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2013, 10:51:30 pm »
Here's my choice for "propeller of the week"

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2013, 11:43:25 pm »
Holy smokes! :o
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Josh B

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 12:02:31 am »
Oh my!  Don, if it wouldn't cost so much for shipping, I'd be tempted to try and trade you out of that.  Osage outlaw asked me what next years classic bow was gonna be.  Wouldn't that be a dandy!  I like to show up in TN with a unique bow every year and that would be unique if it could be tamed.  But alas, shipping is just plain too much.  Josh

Don Case

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 12:45:12 am »
So, this isn't firewood? Would you try to take the twist out by steaming? It's going to have to season for a long time. Maybe in a few years I could take shot at it. There are two although the other has a couple of big knots. I'll seal them up and put them away. I'm just starting to read the wood bending chapter in TBB2.
Don

Offline Josh B

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 08:51:17 am »
Don...there's challenging pieces of wood and there's wood that only a crazy man would tackle.  That one is strongly in the crazy man camp!  However, if it was mine, I would season it shellac it and steam it.   All the while knowing that the odds of getting that straight enough to make a bow are slim to none.  With that much twist, it will more than likely split through and through before you get it straight.  I just want to make sure that I don't  mislead you into thinking that piece shows a lot of promise.  That would be very difficult at best.  Josh

Offline rossfactor

• Humboldt County CA
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 03:22:33 pm »
That would be firewood for me.  I'm crazy, but I ain't that crazy.

Gabe
Humboldt County CA.