Author Topic: MO hunters, please help  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Mike_H

MO hunters, please help
« on: July 04, 2013, 03:16:28 pm »
After nearly 12 years, I may be moving back to my hometown of Festus, MO.  In case of that event, I have been trying to find the MO hunting regulations concerning archery gear.  I have seen that there is no minimum draw weight and no regulation on broad heads.  Just to clarify, could I use a 30# bow with bird points for deer hunting?  Again, I just want to make sure I am reading it right.

Offline Wind D Ranch

Re: MO hunters, please help
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 12:00:23 am »
I hope you get to come back home.  I too returned about 2 years ago after moving around the country.  I'm hoping that I am here to stay now.  I have read the regulations many times and they clearly say there are no restrictions on bow weight.  I'm not sure I would feel comfortable using a 30lb bow though.  You are the best to know your efficiency and limitations.

I have not seen anything addressing broad heads.  I have been told there are no restrictions on broad heads but I have never seen it in writing.  I hope to be able to Knapp usable broad heads and hunt with them soon, but I will check with the local Conservation Agent first to make sure. 

Good luck and happy hunting. 

Offline Mike_H

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 08:47:40 am »
Thanks for the help.  We actually have decided.  I'm coming home at the end od this month. :). I just wanted t make sure iwas reading it rigjt,  the info on broadheafs is online.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 01:02:03 pm »
I havent checked lately but it was 3/4" on broadhead width. Mo. is very liberal on hunting... If it dont say you cant.. you can... Thats what my local Conservation Agent has told me often... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Mike_H

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 01:17:50 pm »
The example as just to make sure I was reading it right.  It really looks like they took all the restrictions off the books.  I'm not comfortable with using a 30 lb bow personally but small bird points make it easier to use stone for hunting,  Thanks guys.  Less than three weeks and I'm back home. ;D

Offline DavidV

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 01:49:59 am »
Yeah from what I've been told there's no restrictions on bh width.
Springfield, MO

Offline Patches

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 03:42:11 pm »
Welcome back to Missouri!  I grew up about 60 miles south of Festus.  I live up toward Kansas City now but still come home when I can. Bow season starts September 15th!  Good luck this year. 
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."