Author Topic: might wanna know this  (Read 2085 times)

Offline kid bow

might wanna know this
« on: July 27, 2013, 11:55:17 am »
I was at petsmart with my puppy Australian shepherd and I saw the they sell antler and bone from deer and elk there. I just thought you guys might wanna know
i need nothing but my old bow and arrows.

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: might wanna know this
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 08:30:20 pm »
I saw that, too.  Considering what I have sitting around my garage, I might have to go into business chunking 'em up and selling 'em!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Lemos

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 10:22:18 pm »
12 bucks for a 6 inch sliver of elk antler here. I'm sitting on a small fortune at those prices.

Offline kid bow

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 10:34:29 am »
I was just saying lol
i need nothing but my old bow and arrows.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 06:36:11 pm »

Thanks kid bow.  Yeah, that is pretty much what you would pay for it at a primitive gathering, or ordering it on line.  But if you want a knife handle, or other use, it would save on travel, and shipping.  And you have the option of scrounging through the batch to pick out what you want. ;)

Wayne

Offline Stoker

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 10:49:36 am »
saw that too.. Those are for yuppies to gice to their rodent type pets to chew up.. Knife handles are a by-product of deer steak and sausage..
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline darwin

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 11:09:59 am »
My girlfriend came home with a bunch of them from a dog show and was so excited that she got them for 20 bucks a piece. I didn't have the heart to tell her we have a giant pile of antlers in my grandfathers barn that he keeps for crafts she could have had for free.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 08:48:27 pm »
My girlfriend came home with a bunch of them from a dog show and was so excited that she got them for 20 bucks a piece. I didn't have the heart to tell her we have a giant pile of antlers in my grandfathers barn that he keeps for crafts she could have had for free.
     Let me tell her, let me tell her!    >:D >:D ;D ;D ;D  It is like my Girlfriend and a friend of hers went fishing in the inter coastal, and  told me about how she had caught a pompano!  She was all excited about it, and how she cooked it, and she and her friend ate it, and how good it was.
I told her I don;t think you caught a Pompano, not that it is not possible, as when I was a kid about 6 yr.s old, I was with my Father and Mother, and Brother, in a boat, and running down to Boynton Beach inlet, when a big fish jumped out of the water, and landed in my lap, and knocked me backwards. And Lo and Behold....it was an African Pompano!  So I told her to describe it to me, and once she told me about the yellow fin under neath, I knew it was a Jack Cravale!  I told her what it was, and she got on the internet, and then called me back, said some un nice things to me :o, and said "well it tasted good anyway!" :D
I told her that I am glad that it did, and that I hoped she cooked it well, as they are prone to worms. :P  Just about any fish in the ocean will taste pretty good.  Just some are better than others.  I can't wait for her to go fishing again. >:D :D :D :D :D

Wayne