Author Topic: Sharp, pointy things to trade  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Sharp, pointy things to trade
« on: July 14, 2013, 05:32:36 pm »
I hafted these neck knives a while back and would like to trade them. They are made from blades Keenan cut out for me and hafted in either deer antler or cholla handles. One of the cholla knives(top right) has been trades so there is only one with cholla handle and two with antler.

These are some of the blades Keenan cut out for me. I'll trade some or all.
The "arrowhead" shaped ones are 3 1/8" o/a with tang, blade only is 1 7/8"x1 3/8" and weighs just under 300gr. I have 17 of these.
 The other is 4" o/a with the tang, blade only is 2 1/2" long and 1 3/8" long. These weigh about 640gr. I have 8 of these total and they are what the knives are made from.

The steel in these are from a piece of the big saw blades Shannon brought to the Classic two years ago. The steel is very hard and these will probably have to be annealed before you can work them. The ones I used for the knives, keenan had already sharpened. There are a few with edges ground on them but most are just cut out.
 I'm not looking for anything in particular but am open to any and all options.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 06:10:55 pm by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

Re: Sharp, pointy things to trade
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 12:36:03 am »
you want cane shafts or some feathers?
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 12:46:16 am »
I grow cane shafts and have plenty of feathers but thanks anyway.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline oldhippy

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 09:53:02 am »
  Ifn you will save me the one on the left, I will bring you something to trade this weekend. I will bring a few things and you can pick out what you want and you know that I always have something intresting.
I'm only a figment of my own imagination (:::.)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 12:03:36 am »
I'll let you choose the one you want Steve.  ;) I like trading with you.  >:D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 08:03:04 am »
Steve is a GOOD trader for sure Pat! If you have any left in a week I will swap something for whatever you have left. I would love to have another Pat B tool in my treasure chest.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline oldhippy

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 11:02:39 am »
   Thanks Pat and Pearly, I like trading with you guys too.
I'm only a figment of my own imagination (:::.)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 08:10:25 pm »
Sweet knives Pat. What you looking for in trade? I like that one on the top left
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 12:16:02 am »
Hey TJ, good to see you around. I don't have anything in mind. What ya got to offer. I'll have to see which one Old Hippy wants first.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 01:06:17 am »
I want a PatB knife! Got POC, maybe some other stuff. Whatdya say? dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline nugget

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 10:03:45 am »
Let me know PAt. I'm sure I have something laying around that you need/want.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline steve b.

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 10:42:53 am »
Pat, PM>

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 01:23:22 am »
TJ, the knife you wanted(top right) is not available. Only the bottom two are still available. Still interested?

Offline nugget

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2013, 05:25:58 pm »
Was wanting one like that top right one. Maybe next time.