Author Topic: Stringstretcher  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Roy

Stringstretcher
« on: July 10, 2013, 11:18:29 am »
Was sitting here thinking about Charlie, I miss the old coot too. Just praying he is doing well with his recovery.

Offline Buckeye Guy

Re: Stringstretcher
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 12:59:44 pm »
Ya ,
the old coots need to stick together !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 04:35:55 pm »
MattG(Magnus) talked to Charlie yesterday. He's having good days and bad days and is just kicking back taking care of himself. Maybe he'll chime in one day just to say hey.  ;)

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Roy

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 05:43:21 pm »
Thanks, Pat.

Offline Matt G.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 06:44:42 pm »
It was good to hear Charlie's voice! He told me to tell all he said howdy. He did sound good! Just taking care of himself.
Keeping the Faith!
Matt

Offline Roy

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 08:43:00 pm »
Matt, tell him the old coot from Pa said howdy next time ya talk to him please.

Offline Adam

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 10:22:40 pm »
I'm glad to hear he's getting along OK.  I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but I enjoyed his posts.  I'm still praying for him.

Offline Matt G.

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 11:28:04 pm »
I sure will Roy. Keep the prayers coming Adam. I know he appreciates it! Gonna be a long road but he has the right attitude.
Keeping the Faith!
Matt

Offline Adam

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 12:02:12 am »
Will do!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 06:42:36 am »
Yep was wondering the same thing,I say a little prayer every morning for him. Hope all is well. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 08:53:16 am »
Glad to hear some news about Charlie.  Bet it was great talking to him.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 07:37:55 am »
Hello everyone.  And thank you so very much for all the prayers and thoughts.  To say that the last three or four weeks has not been a battle would be an understatement.  I have been poked, prodded, twisted, and had so much thrown at me, I have no clue as to where I am or who I am....lol.  There has been some improvement from where I was taking one step forward and then five backwards, to now I am taking one step forward and four backwards, so I guess that is a positive thing.

I just feel so tired all the time, mostly because of the sarcoidosis, but also mentally drained because of the wondering mind and thoughts.  We are trying to get the chemical imbalance in my blood and body, but seem like every thing they try, causes a side effect or just does not work.  Per the doctors, it will be a slow and long road since I have let it get so far out of hand, thinking I could beat this and do it my self.  It just will not happen.

They have me ntioned a time to be spent in so they can hook me up to machines and check a few things out, but we are hoping that it does not come to that.  Some days are good, but I still have more bad days than good.

The biggest thing for me to deal with and try and work out, is my loss of desire, especially on my archery adventures.  I at this point just have no desire what so ever to do anything archery related.  It has been my life for more that 40 years, and now there is just no desire what so ever, and that bothers me.    I have no idea what the outcome of all this will lead too, but it sure is debilateing to say the least.

And Roy, you old coot you, I hope all is well with you in your retirement and I think of you all daily.  I will keep you all updated as I can.

And Pappy, if you see this, I am so sorry about the loss of Saddie.  Just know that my first year, two years ago at the classic, you two dogs was such a treat for me to meet.  They both came to see me just about every morning just like a welcome wagon, and last year, Saddie did the same.  Just remember that they both gave many of us the most rewarding welcome to Twin Oaks.  But why wouldn't they, they had a good keeper and was taught right.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 07:53:40 am »
Thanks Charlie,good to hear from you,stay in touch from time to time as you feel like it,and know you are in our thoughts and prayers.Miss you being around and hope it all works out,your desire for what you love will come back when you get you health back in order. :) Right now you have bigger fish to fry. Take care and hang tough,I know you have it in you to beat this thing. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 12:48:15 pm »
Keep pushing on and stay focused !
We are all here for you !
Still praying
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline seabass

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 05:09:39 pm »
good to hear from you Charles.stay strong brother.
Middletown,Ohio