Author Topic: Man's best friend  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Chadwick

• Knock off everything that ain't a bow.
    • Primal Archery
Man's best friend
« on: July 05, 2013, 09:57:00 pm »
So two weeks ago, I got a new job. I was at work and had a new demand pulling me every five minutes. I failed to go check on my dog, Sue, out in my jeep. He died that day. I can deal with missing my companion (I think), but I just can't forgive myself. I try to work on bows in my garage, but I just don't give a damn lately. He should be out there watching me. Here's to our faithful compatriots who support us through bad tiller, exploding yew, and even when we get it just right. Hope you are all thankful for the ones you've got.
Michael
Nothing flying, Nothing dying

Offline sonny

Re: Man's best friend
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 10:14:07 pm »
dude, now I'm not trying to be a prick but are you saying that your dog died due to your negligence ??
If that's not the case then seemingly a bit of clarification is needed......

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Chadwick

• Primal Archery
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 10:20:40 pm »
Yup, he died because I didn't do what I should have. I never heard about that happening here in Alaska. I only have myself to blame.
Michael

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 10:51:23 pm »
Wow man that has to be rough.  Was it from the heat?
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline steve b.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 11:06:05 pm »
I feel for you but I've made those kinds of mistakes.  I have a saying, "everything happens for a reason; look for it".  Don't beat yourself up forever but don't feel guilty for greiving either.

Here's my bodyguard while I build bows, or do anything else for that matter, like going to the bathroom.  Tormentor of all things that wiggle, crawl, walk, run, or fly:

Offline Roy

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 11:29:18 pm »
So sorry, I know that has to hurt real bad.

Offline Chadwick

• Primal Archery
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 12:04:09 am »
Yeah. Steve, what a companion! Sue was always on mosquito patrol, and would hunt down any hornet that buzzed into the shop. I want another dog... not to replace him, but because I just am a person who should have a dog. Am thinking about getting a bloodhound pup.