Author Topic: Osage Kids Bow... Need Check Please  (Read 1201 times)

Offline bowhntineverythingnh03743

Osage Kids Bow... Need Check Please
« on: July 07, 2013, 08:12:37 pm »
Hello all-
  This is my 9th attempt at a selfbow and it is a kids bow. I have had this stave for about 4 years now and figured I would attempt a kids bow since I haven't had any success with an adult. I want to give this to a lil buddy of mine who is turning 6 this August. Can you help me out with some advice with the tiller. The top limb seems stiff now looking at the pictures mid limb out. I flipped the tips on this bow... that is also a first... Any comments are welcomed! I am looking to get it to 15-20# at 20 inch draw so that he can grow into the bow and it lasts a while. Right now I am 20# at 11 inches to I have a bunch of weight to remove.

Thanks guys for the help along with way with this bow....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Osage Kids Bow... Need Check Please
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 08:53:23 pm »
You could get mid limb of the top limb bending more. That should drop a few pounds too.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 09:10:09 pm »
Yes you need to get the mid to outter limb out towards the tips bending more
I like osage

Offline bowhntineverythingnh03743

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 09:32:06 pm »
Ok tomorrows goal will to be even out the bend in the upper limb... My question to you guys though is since I flip the tip should I stay away from thinning up the last 6 inches. I thought that the idea of flipping the tips would be to have a stiffer tip and to have it be more of a straight limb the last 1/3 of the limb. Maybe I am wrong and if someone could chime in I would appreciate it!

Offline Ken S

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 10:36:38 pm »
yes leave it alone were you reflexed the tips, if you thin them to much it will pull the reflex out.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 07:52:03 am »
What Pat and Ken said should do the trick. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good