Author Topic: Newest Video - Instructional Flintknapping Video - Concentration of Force  (Read 4835 times)

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
The points look pretty good to me. Some may be a bit chunky.  Have you tried hafting the thicker ones?  If they are pointy and fit onto an arrow, then you have won half the battle.   :)

I get the plastic from Grainger.  I order online.  It's called Rod, UHMW-PE, White. 

Here's a link for the 3/4" diameter stuff:
---http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/Rod-Stock-1YVF4?Pid=search
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:25:23 pm by jackcrafty »
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

Man, you make knapping look so easy...
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline Bugtussle

Thanks for the feedback.  Yeah, some are a bit chunky, but since my arrows are rough leaf dogwood shoots, I have a little more room to mount them.  I have mounted a few made out of thunder chert and they seem to be holding up well to repeated shooting.

And thanks for the ordering info!  I am excited to trying this style of knapping out!

I found out tonight while working some raw chert that they should work this season... On the final pass, the flaker slipped off platform and sliced my index finger up to the knuckle... Just another blood sacrifice to the rock gods! :D

“People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they are not on your road does not mean they are lost.” -- Dalai Lama