Author Topic: First bow almost finished  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Otter

First bow almost finished
« on: April 28, 2013, 12:00:03 am »
I almost got it finished  ;D thanks to my brother,(Turtle). Just need to put a finish on it wrap the handle and fades. Well post some pics soon.

Offline hunterbob

Re: First bow almost finished
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 12:52:49 am »
First bow that is always a magical time.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 12:54:53 am »
And where are the pictures?   :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Otter

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 10:04:08 am »
Thank you.. I took some pics. But I content up load them kept say n file to big. Need to get with my brother and have him help me post them. The bow is osage, pyarmid 1 3/4" limbs to 1/2" tips. Over all lenght is 62". I put buffalo horn overlays on tips and leather arrow rest. On my bottom limb at the handle the limb split on me when i steam treated it. It had a bad twist in the handle, I wraped it with a wet rag and wraped foil around the rag, then heat the handle for 40 mins. Then pulled the twist out, went well i thought intill i removed the foil and rag and let it cool. The limb started a crack on edge of handle and fades about three inches. But i wraped it with sinew and it held fine.just need to put on a finish and wrap handle with beaver tail. The bow ended at 46# @ 28" draw. I was shooting for 55# but this was my first and learning. Lol.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 10:00:56 pm »
I was gonna give you hard time and tell you to get turtle in gear so we can see your creation. :P. But since I will get to see it in person in a couple days,  I will let these other folks worry about it! >:D. See ya in a few!  Josh

Offline Otter

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 11:38:31 pm »
Lol... Yeah Steve's been working night shift. Been busy getting everything ready. We will be pulling out Thursday morning. You will be able to see it then. Its a bow that will shoot a arrow.lol, nothing more.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 11:43:19 pm »
That's all it needs to be. ;)  I'm  looking forward to seeing you guys again.  I have a load to deliver to dyersburg tomorrow morning and then I'm heading that way.  Josh

Offline Otter

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 11:44:56 pm »
I have finished the bow.  :) cant wait intill the classic, Going to make another. Lol. So everyone who reads this that comes to the classic can see it. And maybe they will help me get some pics posted, lol

Offline Otter

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 11:49:03 pm »
Sound good Josh, glad you are able to make it again. Cant wait to see you there, will try not to lose to many arrows lol. But if I do at least im in the right place to replace them.