Author Topic: Return from the Classic  (Read 1129 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Return from the Classic
« on: May 08, 2013, 02:36:59 am »
Coming home from the classic I learned we had 10 to 12 inches of snow here [southern Iowa]while I was gone.It came and left in 4 days because there was'nt any left.
The classic for me ended too quick.Have to try to come earlier next year.Met some people I'll always remember.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Return from the Classic
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 08:24:14 am »
It was nice talking with you Friday afternoon Ed. We didnt get the snow up here, but our leaves did pop out while we were gone.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 08:54:12 am »
Glad ya made it back Ed...it was good talking,hanging out,n making bows with ya

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 09:45:11 am »
You bet fellas.Feelings mutual.Seen some unbelievable works of art there.Will H I think said it right when he said this should be called classsical archery instead of primitive archery.
Making a self bow just by feel [no measuring tools just finger tips] for removal of material to get to your draw length and weight does make it feel more primitive.
Looks like I might have to try to get a van or mini van for this event.We'll see once.Brought home some different wood I don't have here.Along with a seed tick dug in on my private parts......LOL.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 10:49:28 am »
Sorry I didn't get to meet you.  The guys pointed out your camp but I never saw you at it.  There's always next year.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 11:29:43 am »
He spent 30 minutes talking with Chris and I at our camp. You musta been up at the shop.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.