Author Topic: bow for trade  (Read 1733 times)

Offline birdhunter

bow for trade
« on: April 23, 2013, 04:10:28 pm »
Hi gang I have 68" 60lbs at 28" hickory longbow with boo backing and a soft maple riser.It has a bear hair rest and 2 strings one which has beaver fur silencers.Bow has hardly been shot because it just turned out to be too much for me to pull.Looking to trade for a lighter pulling bow or possibly some other traditional archery gear.open to suggestions.Thanks

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
Re: bow for trade
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 10:03:38 pm »
Just some friendly advice birdhunter.  You might find it difficult to get a trade going since this is your first post and you are trying to do a trade with no pictures to boot.  Might want to start with introducing yourself and taking a look at the bow section and maybe posting the bow on there to get peoples opinion and get your name out there.  Welcome to the site.  I would love to see pics of the bow even though I am not interested in trading.  It is too heavy for my tastes also.

K.C.
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 10:13:40 pm »
  It would be easier to scrape some wood off the belly and make it lighter in poundage and more manageable.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline adb

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 02:23:51 pm »
Hi gang I have 68" 60lbs at 28" hickory longbow with boo backing and a soft maple riser.It has a bear hair rest and 2 strings one which has beaver fur silencers.Bow has hardly been shot because it just turned out to be too much for me to pull.Looking to trade for a lighter pulling bow or possibly some other traditional archery gear.open to suggestions.Thanks

Where did you get the bow?

Offline terence pinder

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 03:28:08 pm »
Pm me a pic.

Offline oscar3b

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 07:09:27 pm »
I wouldn't mind seeing it either.  I wouldn't care to trade you for it possibly. 
Ben

Berea, Kentucky
27" draw
30-70# (though I want to build to 125 one day)

Offline seabass

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 10:41:50 pm »
i am with Mullet on this.make it lighter and keep it.no need to trade it off.
Middletown,Ohio