Author Topic: Heeeelpp plz.....its urgent.  (Read 9089 times)

Offline akila

Re: Heeeelpp plz.....its urgent.
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 09:59:27 am »
Akila it is to late on this one but I always round the edges on my shims or use small heavy
leather shims to minimize the dents,also make sure the bow is at least floor tillered before I thy to take out twist and humps and put some backset in the bow.This will help to keep from denting it.
Also don't tighten the clamps to tight,no need to tighten them real tight. :)
   Pappy
thks  a lot for sugestion...it will be good some shims made from thick leather..i will try to find some thick leather..anyway this is the first time that i dent my bow...and yess the bow wass not verry thick..it wass bending aboute 5" i quess or maybe more..at mid limb its arounde half an inch  even a little more thenn that (1,5 cm i think) so its not verry thick but i realy tighten that clamp  there so...this is it...anyway the dent seams to be gone from that area but i like your ideea with leather shims.yestarday i have used some thick. paper ...o man i forgot how its called :-\..thks again.

Offline Aries

Re: Heeeelpp plz.....its urgent.
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 12:43:03 am »
I get that sometimes when i am in to big of a hurry to pad my clamps, It is usuall ok as long as you didnt cut through the ring.   Ty
"If the only tool you have is a hammer,
                   you tend to see every problem as a nail."
                               ~Abraham Maslow