Author Topic: You win some...you lose some....  (Read 5620 times)

Offline bubby

Re: You win some...you lose some....
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2013, 04:31:32 pm »
that suck's pearlie, you already know my feelings on repairs and trade bows
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Marks

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2013, 05:15:55 pm »
Sorry to hear it. I found a pretty good buildalong you can follow on your next try.
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,37695.0.html

Offline k-hat

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2013, 06:28:25 pm »
Bummer man.  On the bright side, i guess that's one more for your stash :) :-\  She's a beauty for sure.  If you decide you can't stand her, i'll give her a home gladly ;)

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2013, 06:44:08 pm »
 :'(
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline rossfactor

• Humboldt County CA
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2013, 07:01:31 pm »
I never lose.

p.s. don't read my Humble Pie post.

Gabe
Humboldt County CA.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2013, 10:52:09 pm »
Thinking about a "Burning of the Bows" at the Classic. We could all pile up our duds and send them off properly in flames, together!

I think that is a great idea.  Folks can stand up and eulogize the bow before committing it to the cleansing fire.  The rest of us will watch with heads bowed and toast the bow with a beverage of choice. 

Yup, sounds mighty good. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline sleek

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2013, 01:53:32 am »
And everybody can eat humble smores. It just sounds better than humble pie. So long as the finish on the bows arent toxic....
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline chamookman

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2013, 05:05:49 am »
Bummer Chris ! I like the camp fire idea - I have a couple to add to the flames  :'(. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2013, 10:04:35 pm »
Just make this better the bow I had for Kris broke today while shooting it in! What a crazy trade this one is. Guess I get to add to the fire at the classic. Burn babies burn.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Josh B

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2013, 10:16:10 pm »
Man! What a bummer!  On both bows.  Of course, I have little doubt that we'll see both the replacement bows finished and shot in by Sunday night from you guys.   As far as the burning of the bows goes, I would have to pull a second trailer to carry all of mine down. :-[  Josh

Offline Roy

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2013, 10:22:26 pm »
LMAO.. Here I thought I was the only one who had bows break:) Now all you Bowyers are coming out of the closet with your horror stories:) LOL...

I remember my first bow that blew up on the tree. Thought I was gonna cry, damn near did too. Now when it happens, I just smile and start all over. But when you get one to hold together, and ya get to fling arrows out of that new bow, Well that makes this wood bow building adventure all worth while:)

Pearly Boy and I had our own bow swap this past winter. The first two bows I was making for him blew up. Well with the first one, the bamboo splintered up and the second, the Osage limb just exploded on the tree, I almost cried again, LOL:) But the third time was a charm and I sent him a sweet BBO. Right Pearly Boy?:)

Offline coaster500

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2013, 10:40:04 pm »
Sorry to see that Drums....  that would have been sweet if you pulled it off......... got a batch to keep the fire going myself this year... Not sure why???  guess I was to lucky to long???  Still got a few good ones to show for the effort :)

Roy and here I thought you never lost a bow.....  man I'm shattered  >:D

Oh well I guess it's ok:)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Roy

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2013, 10:56:57 pm »
Kip never lost one, just burnt a few:)