Author Topic: looking for braintan buckskin and staves  (Read 1561 times)

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
looking for braintan buckskin and staves
« on: April 12, 2013, 04:09:18 pm »
i'm looking for enough braintan buckskin for a new possibles bag i'll need a piece about 2' square or so as well as a piece for the shoulder strap, i'm also looking for a seasoned juniper stave 54"+ long or an oceanspray sapling about 1 1/2"-2" diameter and about 62"+ long (no shorter than 60"). I am a blacksmith/knifesmith I make a lot of costum knives as well as bodkins, drawknives, pliers, blacksmithing tongs and lot's of other things that I can make for a trade, also for trade I have about 20 seasoned, unstraightened river cane shafts. heres some pics of a couple knives that I have made 

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,36963.msg487036.html#msg487036

Duck
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 06:45:21 pm by killir duck »
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

Re: looking for braintan buckskin and staves
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 01:59:39 pm »
i'm looking for enough braintan buckskin for a new possibles bag i'll need a piece about 2' square or so as well as a piece for the shoulder strap, i'm also looking for a seasoned juniper stave 56"+ long or an oceanspray sapling about 1 1/2"-2" diameter and about 62"+ long (no shorter than 60"). I am a blacksmith/knifesmith I make a lot of costum knives as well as bodkins, drawknives, pliers, blacksmithing tongs and lot's of other things that I cam make for a trade, also for trade I have about 20 seasoned, unstraightened river cane shafts. heres some pics of a couple knives that I have made 

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,36963.msg487036.html#msg487036

Duck
You up for Eastern Red Ceder? its really just a species of juniper, and I have made a bow from it... Heres the problem- all Ive got is like 3 inches diameter.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 06:44:18 pm »
no thanks, it needs to be juniper I'm making a bow for a good friend and for the design he wants I believe juniper will be the best wood
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 01:33:12 am »
I've also been wanting to try an elm stave if anybody got one layin around that they wanna trade off, and of course I can always use some of that useless yeller wood...