Author Topic: Eastern Diamondback  (Read 2295 times)

Offline burchett.donald

Eastern Diamondback
« on: March 19, 2013, 04:24:29 pm »
 Looking for a set of Eastern Diamondback skins for a 68"L  2"W bow. I have a doz. Douglas Fir parallel full length 60-65's for trade. I know this species is protected in some states but not here in S.C. yet.
                                                    Thanks
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline PrimitiveTim

Re: Eastern Diamondback
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 05:07:05 pm »
There's actually pressure from herpetologists to try and get it federally protected.  It's becoming quite scarce in most of its range.  Why does it need to be an Eastern?  Why not the much more common western diamondback?
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 06:34:06 pm »
  I know I have many options but it's got to be Eastern. I prefer their look...Wasn't looking to start a thread on protected species, just wanted to trade here if possible.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 06:41:02 pm »
sigh, I understand.  I just wanted folks to be aware of it.  Carry on with the trading.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 06:52:31 pm »
  Tim your a Florida guy... Hook me up. It doesn't have to be a fresh kill. Maybe off the road or one that made it in to a family barbecue. Maybe somebody has a pair? Enjoyed your primitive fish cooking video too.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 07:05:34 pm »
haha yeah I find a lot of snakes dead on the road but never any big rattlers.  Before I was into bow making a found a huge dead mud snake.  It would have made a very nice backing!  I'll be picking up dead snakes off the road from now on.  It's a sad sight but I'd rather it go to the back of a bow than to the ants.  Most of the diamondbacks in my area have been killed off.  I only see them on protected land anymore.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 09:52:57 am »
ttt