Author Topic: my first point!  (Read 1774 times)

Offline AncientArcher76

my first point!
« on: March 10, 2013, 09:57:15 pm »
OK its my second but I wanted u to look I made this Pedernales point for Mr.Tower.  I made it with a short moose billet and a small hammer stone. So it has a few steps and hinges but overall it clean.  I say its my first because. I only made a few points Abo... Thank for looking!!!

Russ
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:01:17 pm by AncientArcher76 »
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Will H

Re: my first point!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 10:06:25 pm »
Nice and clean! Very well done!
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline TRACY

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 10:55:46 pm »
Excellent work Russ! Those are some dandy points abo or not.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 11:11:58 pm »
Thanks guys..

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

Offline NFFK

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 11:34:16 pm »
WOW
I'll take it if he doesn't want it = ;D

Offline Hunts with stone

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 12:25:25 am »
Nice abo work buddy. I got 2 new hammerstones today.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 12:44:29 am »
I need to get it under control as for some reason I get a lot of over shots...but I like the fact using a big moose billet takes off wide flakes making reduction very quick... just gotta make some adjustments to get it right...

Russ

Offline Tower

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 01:06:43 am »
That is a dang fine looking Pedernales point. I appreciate it, but what's it for. It took me 7 boxes & a month to get square on our deal. Someone in the USPS must have a lot of stone!  Tower
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 02:39:48 am »
Tower I'm not happy over the fact that that happened.  I wished that they made it here and if someone out there took them then the rock gods will deal with them...I appreciate all that you did to make it right you are a good person!!! Now this point isn't a paper thin Tower  special  but I like to collect points from friends.  Thanks again  Tower!!!

Russ

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 11:43:39 am »
Very nice one. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 10:08:36 pm »
Nice

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 12:01:24 pm »
Thank pappy.. hey I need to get some dates to make it down there already... been saying it for a few years...

Russ

Offline TRACY

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 10:12:13 pm »
That is a dang fine looking Pedernales point. I appreciate it, but what's it for. It took me 7 boxes & a month to get square on our deal. Someone in the USPS must have a lot of stone!  Tower

Tower , I think you've got a crooked post office or something! You had the same problem with the Xmas gift exchange .

It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 02:12:45 am »
I don't know what happened but I'm pissed about that I could have had 7 boxes of rock...oh well Karma for the idiot who got them...if that's what happened...

Russ