Author Topic: the new osage character bow  (Read 2911 times)

Offline Aries

the new osage character bow
« on: October 26, 2007, 04:18:36 am »
         So it is 1:30 here and the new bow is finally finished.  It is an Osage character bow 67" ntn. It draws 60# at 27".  This particular piece of wood had sat in the corner of the shop haunting me with its ominous knots, so there it stayed until earlier this week (after i had a few more bows under my belt) i decided to take a scrape at it.  Well it turned out having a 7/16 in. hole in the at midlimb of the lower limb  and the upper knock is actually composed almost in its entirety from the reminants of a tree limb. (I have pictures that i want to post, i just cant get figure out how to get the images from my files into the text box. I read the trouble shootin but it didn't help.)  If i can figure it out/ get some help i will post the pics.         Ty

"If the only tool you have is a hammer,
                   you tend to see every problem as a nail."
                               ~Abraham Maslow

Offline white wood

Re: the new osage character bow
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 09:42:01 am »
bow sounds pretty interesting! cant wait to see it! when you make a post, under the writing area theres a additional options link. click that and attach your pics under that. you can put up to 6 in each post, -whitewood
Jesse Buzzell
 Gorham, Maine