Author Topic: Leather Armguard  (Read 2393 times)

Offline Slackbunny

Leather Armguard
« on: February 10, 2013, 11:27:22 am »
Just made this leather armguard last night. Its nothing fancy but fits well and is functional. I might add some embellishments to it over time, maybe squirrel fur around the edges or something, but we'll see. Here's the pics.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Leather Armguard
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 01:02:59 pm »
"...Nothing fancy...but functional"  isn't that what this is all about!  Well done Slackbunny.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline half eye

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 02:34:31 pm »
I'm with Pat on this one, simple and functional is what it's all about. Leather and cordage, nothin to break, outstanding bracer right there
rich

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 04:13:23 pm »
Was it ever a pain trying to hold it on my arm at the same time as trying to mark where to remove material. I had to break right down and ask my girlfriend for help. She lent me a hand, but rolled her eyes the whole time :P

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 06:00:35 pm »
Let her hit her arm with a bow string and you will be able to roll your eyes at her!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Scowler

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 08:27:08 pm »
Good looking armguard.  So long as it is thick enough you should get many years of use from it.

Offline Hunts with stone

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 10:24:30 pm »
Nice. No more och lol. I saw one made from feather quills that is real neat. Good for hot weather.