Author Topic: Questions about assymetrical limbs?  (Read 3583 times)

Offline Sidewinder

Re: Questions about assymetrical limbs?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 12:29:21 pm »
Thanks for the input Blackhawk. I missed that post when it came out originally. I enjoyed it very much. I wonder what the difference was that made that one so fast?
 Your comments relating to the balance in the hand of a bow made with assymetrical limbs is consistent with what Dean Torges wrote about in "Hunting the Osage bow".  I have always paid attention to make sure my bows balance well but have never really used the assymetric design to achieve it.
 The tiller on that bow, as all of your bows are....is spot on. I really need to get a more consistent method for achieving great tiller. I have heard of the tiiilering gizmo but not really sure what that is exactley. I have just eyeballed it till I got it close to what I thought was right. One of the reasons for me wanting to get a more consistent method is I have had a few guys wanting me to teach them how to build bows and I have found that a more systematic approach helps them learn better. I realize I am digressing from the original topic but just wanted to share some thoughts.  Once again thanks for the input.    Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God