Author Topic: another ancient quarry  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
Re: another ancient quarry
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 12:08:51 am »
Great find.Love to see the stuff in-situ  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Adam

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 12:10:29 am »
That's really neat.  It would be fun to do some knapping there.  It would be more inspirational setting than my backyard.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 12:42:05 am »

Awwww, man!  Well, for a knapper, you sure live in the right place! 8)  Forget what bone pile said, send it to me here in Montana, I need it to ...... uh.....well, I just need it.  So just pack up a few boulders, in your truck, and come on out, and I will fix up some elk burgers, or loins, or roast, which ever you prefer, and then you can show me how to cook that stuff, and then how to knapp it properly.  Should I set the elk meat out to thaw now, or later this week?  Oh, did I mention that there is also free beer, and a full liquor cabinet?  See bone pile, that is the way to entice stone your way. ;)   You have to offer, food, drink, and lodging, oh yeah, I will let you have the master bedroom.  The master would be me, as I am not married. ;) ::)  But you can have it, and there is a jacuzzi tub in the Master bath, as well as a shower stall also.  So all the amenities are awaiting your arrival with a pickup loaded with stone.  Stay as long as you like, as long as the food, and drink hold out at least. ;)  That is a really nice find.  Lucky you!  Well get busy, and lets see some more of that art work you do.  Thanks a lot for the tease, with all the free stone, when I don't have any out here at all.  But I am not jealous, just envious.   Very envious. :P

Wayne

Offline kleinpm

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 10:45:56 am »
Stickbender,

Where in Montana are you? I am building a log home south of Livingston.

Patrick

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013, 10:21:51 pm »

Patrick, I am about 9-10 hours from you, in Thompson Falls.  I have relatives in Billings.  Are you building your cabin yourself, as cutting, and hewing the logs, etc. or are you building with a commercial pre cut kit?   Lot of upkeep on a log home.  They are beautiful though.  Just be sure to use 10" or better, logs, for the "R" value.  what type of log are you using? Cedar?  They hold up better out here.  You have some beautiful, but rough country to hunt in there.  You also have Moss Agates there!  ;)  They can be knapped, and also make nice jewelry.   Are you building this home as a residence, or hunting cabin?

Wayne