Author Topic: this weekend's project  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Josh B

this weekend's project
« on: December 02, 2012, 08:45:51 pm »
This isn't very primitive, but it should be nice for 3-d shoots.  I spent the weekend in Limon, co and I was getting pretty bored.  If you've ever spent more than 30 seconds in Limon you'll know why.  Any way I watched a trucker with an oversized load go in, by a new oversized load flag, put it on his trailer and then hook his new flag on the fuel pump and break it off on his way out.  He didn't answer the radio so I figured finders keepers.  I've been wanting a belt quiver for a while, but I'm too cheap to buy one.  So i picked up the new flag, dug out some leather scraps a couple glovers needles and some art. sinew and went to work.  15 hrs later, I came up with this.  I'm now thinking that they weren't so high priced after all.  Its not quite done yet, but it shouldn't take long to finish it up from this point.  You folks that do all that nice leatherwork definitely have my respect.  Thanks for looking.  Josh

Offline seabass

Re: this weekend's project
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 08:50:58 pm »
well done Josh.good use of a flag.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Scowler

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 09:11:03 pm »
Looks good, well done.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 01:41:20 am »
Cool quiver, Josh. Making what you need from what you have is my definition of being primitive.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Josh B

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 09:48:27 am »
Thank you kindly.  I'm used to working with nice soft braintan, suede, and furs. This thick veggie tan harness leather is tough to get a needle through!  It could be that my needles are getting dull, but they didn't feel dull when I jabbed them into my fingers! :o >:(  The mesh is pretty tough stuff, so I shouldn't have to make one again for quite a while.  Josh