Author Topic: Nock point  (Read 763 times)

Offline bow101

Nock point
« on: November 22, 2012, 11:26:23 pm »
I did a search on here I'm sure there is a thread on it but Could not find it.   Exactly how does one go about putting the nock point on. Is it done with the bow just braced with an arrow placed on the string exactly at 90 degrees..?       
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: Nock point
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 11:37:34 pm »
No, it should be a little above 90 degrees. A bow square come in handy. They are not expensive. The bow is braced. I use a piece of plastic or duct tape about a half inch wide  that I wind around the string. That way you can move it up or down. Then, later you can wind on some serving thread. Just tie it on with several knots. You can glue it too. There's tuning info on my site. Jawge
http://georgeandjoni.home.comcast.net/~georgeandjoni/selfbowcare.html
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline steve b.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 11:44:12 pm »
Shoot the arrow from 90 degrees a few times then move up on the string a little and shoot it again.  Then go way high, like 3/4" above the 90 degree, just to see how the arrow behaves as you approach the extremes.  Find the middle ground and mark the string.  I use artificial sinew to make a knot where I want my arrow to go.  You can use thread or whatever, or clamp on the metal type.

Offline bow101

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 12:03:41 am »
Cheers guys I'll have a look.....at the link George
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell