Author Topic: Abo Newnan  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

Abo Newnan
« on: November 12, 2012, 09:39:36 pm »
I got a whole slew of little hunting points done today, but finally got to do some fun knapping this evening.  Made up this Newnan. All Abo as usual. Bone Pile has me whipped on these one tho! I start to hate this big points cuz I get so hard on myself when I dont see perfect flake scars
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline Tower

Re: Abo Newnan
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 10:26:08 pm »
Hard on yourself, that's an outstanding looking point to me.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 10:30:39 pm »
Thanks, I think the scars look better in person, but I still want them perfect..grrr   tall order for all abo and a spall of stone
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Stringman

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 10:41:52 pm »
Yep I hear ya on the perfectionist bit. I find it hard to "quit while I'm ahead" sometimes too. That here looks fine from this angle! Nice point!

Scott

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 03:27:47 am »

Yeah, I can't blame you for being so hard on yourself.  That is a pretty
pathetic looking blade! :P  I tell you what, just wrap it up really well, and send it
to me, and I will try to camoflage it by making a knife out of it.  You know just trying to help, and all. ::)  And if you have a couple of those hunting points that you aren't real happy with, just send them with the blade, that way no one will see the lousy flake scars, and such.  You know, just trying to help, and all.......really, it is no problem, just wrap them up really well, and send out to me, and that way, no one will see them...... well no one on here...... ::) Just trying to help...... Honest! ::)
     Ok, I can see that I will have to find another monastery, as the one in Bulgaria may be full by the time you guys get there.

Very nice, Very nice indeed, but the next time you aren't happy with the flake scars, instead of doing the sacred dance, and saying the sacred words, and flinging, or smashing it, just carefully wrap it up, and send it out to me.  Just trying to help and all....... ;)

Wayne

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 12:20:05 pm »
man i would be drooling over it if i could make something that good! im still drooling over it anyway lol
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 12:37:05 pm »
Man, you're really poppin them out!!  Nice!! dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 01:04:53 pm »
Man that's a killer ,I like it .I did some albo knappin this weekend my hat's off to you
Bone pile
Venice Florida