Author Topic: New ceder arrow need a little help  (Read 1761 times)

Offline Catfish42

New ceder arrow need a little help
« on: November 10, 2012, 07:12:41 pm »
One problem need to know do I crest arrow first or lacquer arrow first. Bought shafts bare but never done anything like this, help

Offline seabass

Re: New ceder arrow need a little help
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 08:09:27 pm »
creast then seal whole shaft.hope this helps.make sure cresting paint and sealer are compatible.good luck and post pics if you can.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 08:38:20 pm »
I always dipped my arrows first, crested them then dipped them again.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 07:50:05 pm »
You can paint on your cresting, then wipe down with a rag dampened with your choice of finish (tung oil, polyurathane, tru-oil, etc).
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 11:24:12 pm »
I personally crest first then apply finish. Acrylic paint when dry is water proof , so I don't apply the finish over the cresting .Just up to it. I like the look of a flat/mat  finish for the cresting and finish over that would change the look of the paint (less defined between colours).To me the colours of the fletch seem to be more brilliant against the flat paint. The glue  adheres to the paint really well as does the tape if you go that route (no judgement passed here as it is a good choice for quickies that may get shot into a stump). I don't glue my primitive arrows ,and I find the flat paint gives the fletch a little something to bite into to keep it in place when just spiral wrapped.I recently lost an arrow for about three weeks stuck in a dirt bank(deflected of a branch,I'm not usually that bad of a shot :o)It rained here almost the entire time . I found it the other day and the thing looks like the day I lost it with the exception of a field point that was completely rusted.