Author Topic: Getting personal intruction  (Read 1037 times)

Offline ionicmuffin

Getting personal intruction
« on: November 01, 2012, 03:19:21 pm »
I am interested in learning more from some skilled knappers. Are there any knappers in western washington??? or is there a knappin coming up for washington/oregon?
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline bubby

Re: Getting personal intruction
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 04:07:32 pm »
check out the event's calender, here and in the mag, also google it i'm shure something will come up, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Newbow

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 02:00:08 am »
I posted this in the Roll Call area but I'll repeat it here just to be sure:

There are a number of knappers in the Puget Sound area.  Check out the Puget Sound Knappers web site at http://pugetsoundknappers.com/ for more info.  If you email the Web Master with your info he can hook you up with knapper local to you.  This weekend, November 3 & 4, there is a knapin at Millersylvania State Park, a little south of Olympia.  If you can make it, I'll see you there.  One-on-one instruction, rock and tools are freely available.  Info on the knapin is here: http://pugetsoundknappers.com/events/Millersylvaina_Knap-in_2012_Announcement.html

Offline StevenT

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 11:14:45 am »
Newbow, Thanks for posting the links. I was not aware of PSK, but I am now. I wasn't able to check out all the personal art galleries, but what I saw was.... WOW!!! Being in Virginia, I doubt I will make it that far west to visit. But it looks like a great gathering of knappers. Ionicmuffin is in good hands.

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 11:55:45 am »
I may be able to go to this knappin if my friend can drive me(hes also interested) either way, if i cant go to this knappin ive looked at the map and theres one right in my neck of the woods
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)