Author Topic: OOps on that BL performance report  (Read 4122 times)

Offline snedeker

OOps on that BL performance report
« on: September 27, 2007, 02:42:08 pm »
To test, went back out today.  There must've been some lofty winds overhead or something the other day, because today I was sonsistantly at 200 m, a good -casting bow, but not 230 m.  Wanted to make sure I repoerted.

Dave

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: OOps on that BL performance report
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 05:06:00 pm »
Dave, I'd bet wind and humidity will have effects on bow cast. Try it again after the next front comes through and see how she does.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline snedeker

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 05:13:23 pm »
True.  Its been a very sticky, humid few days here for this time of year

Lost an arrow too.  Bummer.  I gotta paint my arrows flourescent green

Anvil

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 10:36:19 am »
200m is still outstanding performance. I did a test on 4 different styles of osage bows a while back and the best I got was 198yrds from a 56# Perry reflexed BBO. Good stuff!!
Curt

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 11:06:00 am »
I've never done an offical test but I was coming in from hunting Sat. morning and tried my 51
Osage at 26in draw with a 550 ga. arrow and shot 2 at about 135 steps and thought that was pretty good ,but maybe not.I didn't really know what good was. ???
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 04:10:55 pm »
I just had my 50# world record broken this year by a bow built by Jerimia (acme bows) his customer shot 211 yards with a 500 grain broadhead arrow. My record was just short of 207yds. Measuring right to the arrow instead of to a right angle off the center line I can usually hit up to about 215 yards with a self bow and up to about 230 yards with a perry reflexed d/r boo backed bow. Next year I have to try and get my record back. The bow that beat me and the bow I used to set the record werre both basic hunting bows with no special tecniques used to boost performance, just good basic bow building tecniques. Both bows had stiffer than normal outer limbs. Steve