Author Topic: Two bamboo and Osage  (Read 1445 times)

Offline ssgtchad

Two bamboo and Osage
« on: September 07, 2012, 07:06:08 pm »
Heu guys its been a while but here are a few bows I've finished. The 1st is an osage, with a big hole in the upper limb, which was shooting really nice til it lifted a splinter :P. So no full draw picture unitl I find time to repair it. The white one is sumac work in progress. The other two are a Bamboo epee bamboo long bow and a bamboo backed bamboo. The BBB is R/D. It took a little set but most of it is the deflex I glued in. The BEB is very thin and shoots the best of the group its 68" ttt and 66" ntn, 1" wide at the fade and 3/8s at the nocks. Still learning this craft, I know tiller's arent perfect but I'm getting better since the first one! They shoot well and I had fun working on them. Sorry I have no Idea what they are pulling, But I draw to 28" and I was shanking like a leaf waiting for the wife to snap the pictures lol.  Thanks
Always learning something new.

Offline bubby

Re: Two bamboo and Osage
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 07:26:53 pm »
the second full draw is bending way to close to the grip, did you use a powerlam?, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline ssgtchad

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 07:44:06 pm »
No sir.  Just the two pieces of bio. The belly was heat t treated but no power lamb.

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 07:53:52 pm »
on the next one try a powerlam about 16" long feathered from the middle out, that will help r/d bows are a bear if everything don't go right, least for me ;), the top fd look's pretty good, keep on scraping, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline ssgtchad

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 07:59:44 pm »
Thanks for the advise  ;)