Author Topic: let's see your groups  (Read 8611 times)

Offline Sidewinder

Re: let's see your groups
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 12:51:01 am »
I will post something in the next couple days on my groups but let me just say this, my favorite saying when I miss but its close " gave that one a heart attack and scared him into the pot". I really need to buckle down and get focused.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 12:30:42 am »
We had a cold front come through and dry things out a little so I took my sinew backed osage shorty out and got a little practice in.  First time in a long time.  I think it's gonna work out fine.  Arrows are cane from Tatoo Dave...love them.  Shot one at 6 yards, one at 12 and one at 18.

The bow was 60# when I made it but it was pulling 53# today.  Needs to dry out a little more, the bow is still pretty sluggish.  Just as well, my shoulder likes the lower weight anyway.  It'll gain weight as it dries out, but I don't know if it'll get all the way back up to where it was.  Hopefully it'll come up a little before the Sep29 opener.  I think I'll bring it in the house and let the A/C help some.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 01:05:14 am »
well my grouping must not be as bad as i thought i put an arrow through a cow elk at 45 yards on friday evening she ran about 40 yards and died in sight, need to get some pics up soon
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 05:29:15 am »
well my grouping must not be as bad as i thought i put an arrow through a cow elk at 45 yards on friday evening she ran about 40 yards and died in sight, need to get some pics up soon
So that's a great group of one arrow ;).
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 07:09:46 am »
This was group of 3 arrows,of coures their was 3 of us  ;)on the Course Saturday.
Deer at 18 yards. Me ,my son and a good friend,it we all shot good but that was our best 3 arrow group of the day. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Stringman

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 10:42:50 am »
Nice shootin, nice pic, Pappy! It's always fun to get out on the range with friends. Even better when you're shootin good.

Nice group, George! That'll definitely put meat on the table. I'm about to blow a piston waitin for the deer opener!! Wish I had piggies to play with in the off season like you all do.

Scott

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 11:18:40 am »
I'm just a good road trip away. Come down next spring and we'll chase after them. Maybe we can talk Paul & Don into a rock run.

George
St Paul, TX

Stringman

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 01:38:40 pm »
As if I wasnt already EXTREMELY tempted!! That would certainly make it worth our while.  :o

scott

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 02:08:58 pm »
I received this Shakespeare left handed recurve bow from Killir Duck in a trade. Well when  I got home one afternoon I strung it up and placed a target at 20 yards. It's not the best, but I'm right handed and couldn't find my tab so it was bare fingers. My buddy that was over shooting his wheely bow couldn't imagine doing that and insisted that I take a pic..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline sonny

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 03:49:38 pm »
I shot several two shot groups late yesterday afternoon. shooting my hunting arrows I never shoot more than two at a time. shot really good..told my buddy that I was ready to go sit up a tree last night. season opens Oct 6th though so not much longer to wait.
took a couple of pics with my phone but not sure that I have sense enough to post 'em from it.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2012, 06:14:06 pm »
A Cautionary Tale:

There once was a bowyer named John
Thought shooting arrows a yawn
When deer season arrived
Nothing jived
Now his arrows are scattered all over the lawn.

This was the last group I shot this morning.  I really was trying to hit the center of the bag and focusing tightly on the spot.  But this is what happens when you don't practice. 

....I hope.    :-[
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Stringman

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 07:13:25 pm »
Lol! Ok I'm not laughin at you...well, maybe just a little. I certainly recognize the propensity within myself to have put this off to the last minute. You now understand my purpose for posting this a MONTH AGO!!

Good news is a "problem clearly stated is a problem half solved!" - not sure who said that...

Good luck with your daily practice from here on out!  :laugh:

Scott

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2012, 07:33:19 pm »
    JW, that poem was hilarious. But what's not so funny is your group looks better than mine was after trying to get back in shape from not shooting all summer. My groups are softball sized at 15 yds. now.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:25:06 pm by burchett.donald »
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2012, 11:19:03 am »
JW you are a true blue dude.  Thanks for your honesty.

I was shooting the other day at a target about 17 yds out. When I first started shooting I was all over the place. I thought, " I ought to post these groups" since that was how bad I was shooting. Then I saw this post of yours and you stole my thunder, lol.
 The shooting did get better, I started grouping 3 inside a baseball at 15 and 20 and then my fourth arrow was always a rouge and would be quite a bit outside the kill zone.

I have noticed that if I settle down and get consistent with everything I do pretty well but alot of times I'm flinging arras cuz I like to and that does not promote good shooting habits. I need to tell myself "bad boy, bad bad boy" and just stop it and get serious.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God