Author Topic: Almost two weeks old. Time for a grand kid bow...  (Read 1132 times)

Offline johnston

Almost two weeks old. Time for a grand kid bow...
« on: August 29, 2012, 11:09:56 pm »
Call them totem bows or Mother Earth tributes , what ever. Grandma is going to Fort Meade
tomorrow and this is going with here. Anyone who has ever seen one of my bows knows  I
just plain ain't good at the pretty finishing touches but I am pretty heavy on the history as
it relates.

This thing is made out of curly maple and all the pink is ritt dye and alcohol. The adornments
on the bottom limb are a turkey feather that fell out of the sky and stuck in my glasses a
few years back, the antler base of the first deer I ever killed with a handgun, a crow feather
from a bird I shot on the wing with a .22(talk about luck), a piece of dried and dyed raccoon
rawhide, a buffalo nickel cut into 3 parts and held on with the very tip of the largest brow
tine I ever took.

The beads on the top were from the late 60's to the late 70's. They have seen the Stones,
The Dead, Led Zeppelin, Dylan , Skynnard , Cream and even the immortal Stevie Ray. At one
time the beads had a funky smell.... but I digress.

16" draws 5 oz at 5".

Lane

Offline ErictheViking

Re: Almost two weeks old. Time for a grand kid bow...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 12:01:35 pm »
Very cute. Congrats on the granddaughter.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 12:14:44 pm »
That is way cool, congrats on the Grand daugther. :) funny smell ,I remember thoes days. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 09:42:26 pm »
She'll love it when she gets older. Congratulations! bet you had long hair then, too, huh? And I don't remember any strange smells back then, heck, I don't remember a lot from those days. ::) 8)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?