Author Topic: My car has been found!!  (Read 7926 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: My car has been stolen
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 09:30:18 am »
I also had a 63 Opal with a wrecked rear end stolen while I was stationed in Germany in 68. I went from a 30 minute drive to the base to 4 extra hours of riding busses and street cars every day to cover the distance. My wife and young son were living with me.

We couldn't afford to buy another car. After several months of getting up at 4 and getting home at 7, I sent my family back to the states and moved back into the barracks.

When the car was found, it had been wrecked, lots of blood inside and a blood trail leading away from it.   I got a police report that it had been found but no one knew where it was.

A year later some German car dealer called me, said he had been storing my wrecked Opal and that I owed him a $1300 storage fee. This was a week or so before I got out of the Army. I told him I would be right over and pick it up, got on a plane and went back to the states.

He held it for a year without contacting me to let a huge storage fee build up, $1300 on an Opal worth $300 before it was wrecked.

Didn't care much for Germans after living with them for 18 months and after being cussed out, spit at and treated with glaring disrespect on a regular basis, usually while I was standing quietly at a bus stop. They had a derogatory term they called us pronounced "AAAAMY" which I suspect was the deutsch equivelent of the "N" word. 

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 07:15:37 pm by Eric Krewson »

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: My car has been stolen
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 04:50:33 am »
Eric that's worst than my scenario.. I called police, DPS, and county sheriff's and no one had found anything. I called wreckers and nothing either. That day my car stopped moving. The engine ran, but it would roll in drive, reverse and park. I locked it and set the parking brake. I checked and made sure I had not parked it in a "right of way." I realalized it had to be either towed away or broken into, parking break released and rolled.

I decided to head back down there and have a look. The place sits off the road about 50 yards, there are junked cars and trucks and boats to the right, to the left and behind the double wide. Old lumber, old appliances, and all sorts of things were scatters about in the chin high broom weeds. I went down there and looked for my car. The guy has a security type fence where he tries to hide his junk behind. Anyway long story short I found my car at the bottom of the hill behind an old building on this guys place.

I took pics of it on my phone, wheat and knocked on his door and asked him if he knew where my car had gone. Nope. He said. I showed him the pics and explained where I had found it.

He was amazed and said he had no idea how it had gotten down there. I told him I would return in 3 hrs with help to take my car.

The window had not been broken to get into the car. I also realized I had explained to him exactly what was wrong with my car.

We went back with a trailer and ramps and brought it back home and dropped it off at the mechanics.

It's hopefully not anything minor and I'm glad she's alright  ;)

Thanks for all the thoughts. It's just no fun not having a car..

I called the law, but "no law" was broken.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline TRACY

Re: My car has been found!!
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 09:19:01 am »
Good find!
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 10:27:11 am »
Well done amigo glad to hear you found it :)
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 10:55:15 am »
Hmmmm very interesting......glad you found it.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 11:32:30 am »
Glad you found it!!!
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline coaster500

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 12:00:02 pm »
I happy you found it Cipriano but maybe next time let the law knock on the door....   who knows what's on the other side ???  Like having you around :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 04:08:09 pm »
Maybe an anonymous tip to law enforcement that a chop shop is being operated on that property might get 'em moving.  Wonder how many VIN numbers there are ground off or otherwise made unreadable?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 08:20:54 pm »
Me too guys.. Me too.. I know.. I guess I was feeling rather bold... JW I let em know and they weren't really interested..

I did give the old chap my number "again." with all the junk and high grass he kills lots of snakes. I told him to start freezing them and to give me a call >:D  We will see..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 09:17:37 pm »
When Mr. C gets wound up he can look a touch intimidating. >:D  LOL

I'll bet he calls about snakes.  ;)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline coaster500

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2012, 12:20:13 pm »
Cipriano, you knock on the door ask the man about your dubiously stored vehicle, give him your phone number and ask him to freeze snakes!!!! I ask you where on the entire planet would something like this happen but PA  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's dedication!!!!!!!
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline criveraville

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 01:46:47 am »
When Mr. C gets wound up he can look a touch intimidating. >:D  LOL

I'll bet he calls about snakes.  ;)

George

You know it George.. Especially when I'm teased about my "mid-western" accent...

coaster I couldn't help myself...  8)

Cipriano

Offline Newindian

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 03:55:16 am »
What sort of a crazy person doesn't put a snake in the freezer after he kills it? ??? ;D
I like free stuff.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 10:07:25 am »
My daughter and son-in-law just defrosted our freezers.  The granddaughters couldn't wait to tell me they'd found a snake frozen in a bag in there.  Fortunately, nobody was surprised and it's still safely in there.  We had to have moved that snake from Nebraska 5 years ago so who knows how old it is.  Skin'll still be good though. :)  This means I can do another bull snake bow. ;D

George
St Paul, TX

Stringman

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 01:05:39 pm »
Now George, thats funny!!   :laugh: