Author Topic: Snake skins in Canada  (Read 5082 times)

Offline ravenbeak

• Pacific Yew Wood
    • Ravenbeak Natureworks
Snake skins in Canada
« on: July 07, 2012, 03:37:50 am »
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has experience of shipping snake skins into Canada?  any issues?

I know some companies won't ship outside the U.S.  but I don't know of any laws in Canada that prohibit having skins

Or does anyone know of a source for skins who will ship up north

cheers,
jamie
Custom Yew Bows,  and bow making workshops
www.ravenbeak.com

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Snake skins in Canada
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 04:30:49 am »
I have sent skins to Canada without any issues. England is another story.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 06:29:04 pm »
Would it help to send the whole snake....live?    >:D

If you are having a private citizen send it instead of a business, just have them label contents on the customs declaration as "hobby supplies".  No sense making those overworked and underpaid clerks struggle to determine whether it's a national security risk or not.  Now if your hobby is stuffing Columbian Happy Dust up your snot locker that's altogether another issue. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline agd68

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 12:26:20 pm »
Hi
The Customs people tell me the only snake skins we cannot import up here are any species on the CITES ( I think thats spelled right )  treaty list, anything else is good.
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

kurogane_84

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 01:36:29 pm »
well you can buy them fake ones, https://rudderbowsarchery.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_7&products_id=666&zenid=2aa974d01rs1o7gaihin1ut1r4 like these its the look but not the real thing, so you can ship to Canada, in in Eastern Canada, im not into the snake skin bows but they do look nice :)