Author Topic: The Canadian Warbow Society  (Read 14155 times)

Offline Ian.

Re: The Canadian Warbow Society
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 11:04:14 am »
Well I live in the UK so perhaps ask someone else, I'm just the ideas man.  ;D
ALways happy to help anyone get into heavy weight archery: https://www.facebook.com/bostonwarbowsbows/

Offline MetisLifeguard

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 11:48:04 am »
Haha, good point. I don't know which Ian you are so I wasn't sure lol. You're either Sturgess or Coote... I know that from Jake.

Keep coming with those ideas! ahah
A leopard never changes it's spots. It just learns to hunt a different way

Offline Agincourtwarbow

• CWBS Chairman
    • The Canadian Warbow Society
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 12:25:18 pm »
Cheers Ian, a good idea indeed mate. However I cant see shooting over the border, as dealing with the national security would be one hell of a pain, it's pretty tight in Canada let alone the United States. I also don't think any farms cross it, but if it could be managed, that would be really cool! Noel (fishfinder) and myself spoke of this when I visited him down in RI USA, I think first both societies need to fully develop, but soon I can see this happening. It would depend on who and how many plan to attend and where people are located to discuss locations. I know for us in Southern Ontario shooting in the states RI is a good distance only about an 8 hour drive. NY of course would be ideal for me as its just across the border lol. But I know for us in the CWBS Michigan would be perfect as we have two members down there and we all heard down there for shoots anyhow.

I think friendly competition would be a healthy thing and help advance our societies in North America further. Food for thought.
Cheers,
-Jake

Offline CTT

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 07:41:44 am »
CONGRATULATIONS Jake.
I will be in as soon as I am shooting again.
Great to spend some more time with you at Marshall.
Cheers Mate,

CTT

Offline Agincourtwarbow

• CWBS Chairman
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 11:28:41 am »
Thanks!
Likewise mate, it was great speaking with you!
We would love to have you, best of luck with the pulling, if you can overcome that injury well enough I reckon you will be pulling a mighty respectable weight!
Cheers and until next time,
-Jake

Offline nidrinr

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 04:41:02 am »
I just have to ask, when do you think you will have your first official shoot to establish some Canadian records?

Just me thinking again, but once in the future it would have been fun to establish some kind of a "world shoot". Gather as many warbow archers as possible and have "warbow world championship" or something.

Offline Agincourtwarbow

• CWBS Chairman
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 04:28:30 pm »
We will be having our first one this fall, I will be hosting another up North in the spring. We have many events planned, don't know if any of us can wait that long, but it gives us the summer to fully meet spec, and for me to crank out some more bows  >:D
The CWBS along with using EWBS spec arrows have also adopted the EWB-NZ Sheaf arrow, we are also hoping to adopt the NZ Bearing arrow as well, wants I finish making up some official Sheaf arrows.
That would truly be a spectacular event, transportation would be a huge issue, that is something we would have to plan years in advance methinks, though Agincourt 2015 I am thinking will be the closest to such a shoot yet.
Cheers mate,
-Jake