Author Topic: black powder ?  (Read 1661 times)

Offline bubby

black powder ?
« on: June 05, 2012, 07:58:50 pm »
anyone got an opinion on the fowler kit by tennesee valley muzzel loadders
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: black powder ?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 10:12:39 pm »
Sorry, I haven't seen one.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Indiancharlie

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 10:57:43 pm »
Tennessee Valley makes pretty good guns

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 11:13:59 pm »
Tennessee Valley Muzzleloaders, and his father-in-law across the road that sold him the business, is an excellent choice for parts, kits, and finished guns.  I will personally vouch for the quality of their stuff. 

Are you going for a "poor boy fowler" or something a little finer grade?  Heck, even the cheapest guns usually have Siler lock kits in them, built and tuned in-house. 

Across the road is Tennessee Valley Manufacturing, currently owned by his pa-in-law.  I've bought a few kits from them.  I have bundled orders with several friends totalling about 11 guns and no one, not a single person, has had any complaint. 

Just stay  .50 cal Barrett distance from Early Rustic Arms.  They may be cheaper, but they are pure crap and the owner will call you every filthy name in the book when you ask them for help with correcting their screw-ups.  Shoot me a P.M. and I'll tell you what I really think of 'em.   >:(
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bubby

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 05:37:12 am »
i was hopeing you'd chime in JW, my father-in-law got rid of his trade gun a few years ago and is getting ready to get another, was wanting an opinion from someone that knew their work, and sounds like a ringin' endorsment, thank's JW, Bub
as far as a poor boy or a little finer, i think he'll go as fine as he can afford :laugh:
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 11:35:46 pm »
This has me thinking that I should order a smoothbore with this lovely cash windfall that landed in my lap, hehehe. 

What was that phone number for TVM?

I'm thinking I really NEED a flinty smoothbore .62 caliber, walnut stocked, iron fittings, plain jane. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 03:26:32 pm by JW_Halverson »
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.